Dangerous unexpected braking!! software update.

richiespark

Novice Member
Reaction score
Thank you to all who responded to my thread 'Dangerous unexpected braking!!' I contacted the dealer (Baylis Gloucester) who have today installed a software update. Hopefully the problem is resolved.

I am curious as to what this update is. Is it the latest BMS or some sub module update. What cars are affected?

If there is a software update in response to 'Dangerous unexpected braking' as suggested, MG should be updating all affected vehicles who have the problem software.

If an accident were to occur as a result of a software update not being applied causing 'Dangerous unexpected braking' who would be to blame.

I am curious as to what this update is. Is it the latest BMS or some sub module update. What cars are affected?

If there is a software update in response to 'Dangerous unexpected braking' as suggested, MG should be updating all affected vehicles who have the problem software.

If an accident were to occur as a result of a software update not being applied causing 'Dangerous unexpected braking' who would be to blame.
Unlikely to be an update to the Battery Management Software (BMS)

I think the same as I am unaware of any new update to deal with dangerous unexpected braking.
I would hope dealers are not telling porky pies as this may be fraudulent.
Also if an accident occurs and the dealer has stated the problem has been fixed they may be liable, as they have accepted there was a problem and applied a fix.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom