"Dark mode" using Waze on Android Auto

smokie

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
As the title says - despite whatever I set the maps to in the cars satnav , and the display to on the phone, when I use Waze (or Google Maps) the on-screen display is dark mode, or night time, and I can barely see it when it's sunny. I do have the phone in dark mode but Waze on the phone works as expected - daytime colours in daytime and nighttime colours at night.

I am going to sit with it this weekend to try to resolve it (rather than making a change when stopped at lights or whatever - oops!) but has anyone else seen this, or got a clue whether I ought to be looking at the phone or the car settings?

Where is your phone situated, is it in the dark ?

Haha good point, I don't think so but I'll incorporate that into my testing!!

I did go through the phone settings last night in readiness...

Maybe unsurprisingly, it was caused by User Error. In the early days of ownership I really didn't like the brightness of the display and changed it to Night. Now I've set back to Auto - I know how to turn it off completely if I need to.

Maybe unsurprisingly, it was caused by User Error. In the early days of ownership I really didn't like the brightness of the display and changed it to Night. Now I've set back to Auto - I know how to turn it off completely if I need to.
Thought that was gonna be the case but didn't want to stick my head above the parapet! Can you not still keep the dark theme on the phone but prevent certain apps from adopting it?

I'm not sure,. I've put the phone back to Dark Mode ()which I massively prefer) and will check it out next time I'm out and about. I don't think it carries across to the car so it ought to be OK.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom