Dash Cam app on head unit

CDR

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

On the new face lift zs ev, is there any way to add an android app or a viewer for a front android dash cam. I have one on an android head unit and the playback quality is great and is done on the car screen.
The camera is much like the one attached.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220919-200732_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20220919-200732_Google.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 158
Not possible, the HU is running som sort of Android, but until now i have not seen anyone being able to sideload anything.

If it becomes available, the first thing i would install is a free, radio streaming app, like TuneIn Radio :)

I was thinking as much.
Yes I have the radio streaming app on my current car which has an aftermarket head unit installed.

I was thinking as much.
Yes I have the radio streaming app on my current car which has an aftermarket head unit installed.
Yes i also have a "normal" android radio in my not-MG car, it is working really well.

Only issue is, it is not new so running android 4.4, which mean that a lof of apps do not work, as they require android 5 or 6, and google maps app is also not updated anymore, so still at some 2019 version i think it is.

This is the problem with the cheap chinese android radio's they are never upgraded to newer android versions :(

Hi All,

On the new face lift zs ev, is there any way to add an android app or a viewer for a front android dash cam. I have one on an android head unit and the playback quality is great and is done on the car screen.
The camera is much like the one attached.
Thanks in advance.
Yes but you need a android auto box to keep plugged in the car the other advantage would be you can connect your phone wirelessly

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom