dash cam fitting

MALC 1937

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi, I am a new member to the forum, have had my ZS EV for two weeks ,I have not driven it much yet,but have been pleased with it at the moment.
I have a dash cam that I would like to fit, but I heard that by doing so it would affect the warrenty, is that so !

Hi, I am a new member to the forum, have had my ZS EV for two weeks ,I have not driven it much yet,but have been pleased with it at the moment.
I have a dash cam that I would like to fit, but I heard that by doing so it would affect the warrenty, is that so !
Don’t know why it would, I have installed mine without any issues.

A dashcam is a bonus to have - almost a necessity these days. Where did you hear that information from?

It definitely can't affect the warranty if it's plugged in to the 12v power socket and it shouldn't affect the warranty if it's piggy backed on a fuse.
The only way MG could dispute any warranty claim is if you have tapped into the wiring and an electrical fault related to the circuit you connected to occurs.

It definitely can't affect the warranty if it's plugged in to the 12v power socket and it shouldn't affect the warranty if it's piggy backed on a fuse.
The only way MG could dispute any warranty claim is if you have tapped into the wiring and an electrical fault related to the circuit you connected to occurs.
Or you start drilling holes and damage something in the process.

Hi Malc1937 it shouldn't effect the warranty ,if you buy the extension cabling to the dash cam you will be able to piggy back the fuse in the fuse holder to supply the power..

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom