Dash cam leads

Susanna

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
3F474EA5-4221-4433-AD7C-7E4667E9E754.jpeg

I bought these leads from Aliexpress to have ready for installing my Nextbase dash cam into the new car. I have just realised that the angled mini usb won’t fit into the bracket - I need a straight one 🙄
So, if anyone can make use of them - there are 2 as I didn’t know whether I needed an ‘up’ or a ‘down’ USB on the other end - send me a message and I can post to you. They are 30 cms long.

Are you going to fit lead to internal rear view mirror usb port or hard wire to piggy back fuse.? Has anyone used the mirror usb to connect their Dashcam? I will be doing likewise with my dashcam when i receive my Trophy Connect hopefully later this year

I am planning to connect my dashcam to the usb socket on the rear view mirror. Still waiting for the new leads from aliexpress (and the car), but I like to be organised! I think someone has done this already, and not reported any issues.
I have a Nextbase dashcam, and they stated that using a usb for power wouldn’t work. It would either need hardwiring, or 6v socket. However, I tried mine on usb, and it was fine.
The usb socket on the mirror hub certainly allows for a neat and easy installation.

I bought a Garmin camera (Garmin Mini 2), very small, positioned it below the black plastic, covering the car's camera, and routed the wire behind the plastic to the USB socket.

The supplied cable was way to long, so i just cut out a section of the cable in the middle and soldered and heatshrinked it together, and was able to hide it behind the plastic.

Not very noticeable at all and the camera is hidden behind the rear view mirror.

Only issue, that is easy fixable with a piece of black tape, is the red "Recoding" LED in the bottom of the camera, that my wife complains about, because she is lower than me, and the camera sticks out the bottom when she drives the car.

But as said...tape og a black sharpie to dampen the LED, and that problem is solved. :)

View attachment 8250

I bought these leads from Aliexpress to have ready for installing my Nextbase dash cam into the new car. I have just realised that the angled mini usb won’t fit into the bracket - I need a straight one 🙄
So, if anyone can make use of them - there are 2 as I didn’t know whether I needed an ‘up’ or a ‘down’ USB on the other end - send me a message and I can post to you. They are 30 cms long.
Have you got the correct link for the lead? As I need one for my 622gw

I couldn’t see how to do a link, sorry! Attaching a screenshot of the page. There are multiple combinations to choose from, lengths etc. I hope you find what you need for your installation.

Attachments

• 13D6F0F5-E279-4398-A65F-C022985E9842.png
    13D6F0F5-E279-4398-A65F-C022985E9842.png
    1 MB · Views: 98
I just used a standard 1 meter lead and stuffed the excess in the roof lining

Mine fitted easy as pie no force needed. I used a spare from an old dash cam

I couldn’t see how to do a link, sorry! Attaching a screenshot of the page. There are multiple combinations to choose from, lengths etc. I hope you find what you need for your installation.
So the Garmin mini 2 can get enough power from the USB socket on the rear view mirror to power itself? I assume when the car is off and locked the camera usb power is off as well or can you keep it recording?

ZS TC The rear view mirror usb power is off when the car is off. To record when the car is switched off piiggy back from the drivers seat fuse which is powered all the time.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom