Dash Cam

dragon2611

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Any recommendations for a dash-cam, I declined the dealer option when I bought my MG5 as they wanted a lot of money for fitting a fairly basic (1080p only) nextbase one.

I had been using a cheapo Supercap based one just placed in the windscreen for many years but I managed to break the usb connector on it over the weekend so it's dead.

I think I'd prefer a supercap rather than leaving a small Ii-Ion battery in the car where it's going to be subjected to hot/cold and possibly go all spicy pillow (Swollen)

When I was asking the same, I got a few recommendations for the iiwey so that's what I got. About £40 on Amazon, and as a non-expert fitting was pretty easy with a £10 fitting kit (front and back cameras).

I quite like my nextbase 522GW it has front and rear cameras and a polarising lense. Downside is it has a screen, why?! My phone is larger and with me.
Personally I only bought the Nextbase as newer Blackvues are expensive. My old blackvue was good but starting to show its age. No screen cylindrical shape so reasonably discrete.

My old blackvue was good but starting to show its age. No screen cylindrical shape so reasonably discrete.

I have a blackvue also, it is discrete and works. Can't say much more than that about it.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom