• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Dashboard warning yellow triangles

smokie

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Driving round the M25 at around 70 today I noticed two yellow triangles had come on in the dashboard. I reckon they'd come on at the same time, and later in the journey I noticed they'd both gone off.

The book says the lower one will illuminate when the speed limit sign currently recognised has additional information.

it says the upper one "is used to alert the driver of a stored warning. Please refer to "Message Centre" in this section for these failures"

The message centre bit says "Warning messages and prompts are displayed in the information message centre in the instrument pack. Any communications are displayed in 'pop up' messages, these can be divided into the following categories:
• Operation Instruction
• System State Instruction
• System Malfunction Alert"

So am I reading it right? The car is giving me an alert saying something about the speed limit, then giving me an alert to say there is an alert? Seems a bit of overkill if so.

Attachments

• 1643034722244.jpg
    1643034722244.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 1,115
Driving round the M25 at around 70 today I noticed two yellow triangles had come on in the dashboard. I reckon they'd come on at the same time, and later in the journey I noticed they'd both gone off.

The book says the lower one will illuminate when the speed limit sign currently recognised has additional information.

it says the upper one "is used to alert the driver of a stored warning. Please refer to "Message Centre" in this section for these failures"

The message centre bit says "Warning messages and prompts are displayed in the information message centre in the instrument pack. Any communications are displayed in 'pop up' messages, these can be divided into the following categories:
• Operation Instruction
• System State Instruction
• System Malfunction Alert"

So am I reading it right? The car is giving me an alert saying something about the speed limit, then giving me an alert to say there is an alert? Seems a bit of overkill if so.
If you scroll to the left, the first icon is the Message Centre (you're currently on the third icon - the shield for the MG Pilot stuff), there should be more details of the alerts? I guess you can get non-speed limit related alerts which won't have the lower icon.

Hi
Had the same thing going to Manchester airport they came on when I was passing a overhead gantry with reduced speed signs on them but then a few miles later the disappeared
So nothing to worry about 👍🏻
I have had the speed symbol show 70mph in a 30 zone and also the area I live in has a 20mph speed limit with plenty of warning signs but the camera doesn’t recognise them the speed icon just has 3 dots in it 🤔

Ah OK, I see what you mean biffo, thanks. There is no triangle shown there now so whatever message there may have been was transient. As Ian said, must be related to the speed one. It's a little bizarre to show a warning of a warning but hey ho!!!

Thanks both!! :)

It's usually a 'conditional speed limit' warning when I get them. It does flash up those words briefly on the dash.

It's usually a 'conditional speed limit' warning when I get them. It does flash up those words briefly on the dash.
Yeah, I was probably in one of the variable speed limit stretches. Just surprised at two triangles more than anything - a triangle warning you of a triangle, as it were.

While we're on speed limits, those new HADES cameras (the yellow ones on the side of gantries) on the south of the M25 (and probably elsewhere) weren't thought to be operational unless the variable speed limit was active.

A mate has just proved this to be Not True with a ticket for 88 mph when national speed limit was in place. No surprise or sympathy needed, just passing on the tale to try to dispel the myth, if anyone had heard it. Oh, and he reckoned the photographic evidence appeared to be able to support picking you out for travelling in a lane which had the red cross above, indicating it was closed.

Reminds me of a computer which once gave me notification of an unread message.
I opened it and the message was "You have no messages"!

Mine does this and yes it is a warning triangle of a warning triangle! Worrying!
I think it disappears after it passes another basic speed limit sign (with no board or extra info).

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom