Dashcam install

davewins

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Hi all. As a new owner of a nice black hs PHEV exclusive I wanted to say thanks to a number of posts on the forum for all the advice I’ve been reading!

Had a thorough good read of some of the Dashcam posts and have successfully installed a hard wired front and rear camera!

Lots of good advice about how to get to the fuse box and routing the cables meant that the job took me about an hour to do.

And I don’t think I’d have been able to do it without all your posts!

So thanks all!

One other thing though - is there a way of removing the plastic cover behind the rear view mirror?

It looks like there is room there to feed the usb cable for the Dashcam through and into the roof space to make it a little neater.

But I couldn’t work out how to get that off so the cable is sort of squeezed between the top of the plastic cover and the roof lining - I could get it into the lining.

I believe it slides sideways and I think it’s the right side comes off, have seen a photo some where .

Hi all. As a new owner of a nice black hs PHEV exclusive I wanted to say thanks to a number of posts on the forum for all the advice I’ve been reading!

Had a thorough good read of some of the Dashcam posts and have successfully installed a hard wired front and rear camera!

Lots of good advice about how to get to the fuse box and routing the cables meant that the job took me about an hour to do.

And I don’t think I’d have been able to do it without all your posts!

So thanks all!

One other thing though - is there a way of removing the plastic cover behind the rear view mirror?

It looks like there is room there to feed the usb cable for the Dashcam through and into the roof space to make it a little neater.

But I couldn’t work out how to get that off so the cable is sort of squeezed between the top of the plastic cover and the roof lining - I could get it into the lining.
Hi there, could you please post the links to the tutorials you used to figure out how to install the cameras? I have both cameras ready to go but still haven't found a tutorial yet.

Could you please post the links to the tutorials you used to figure out how to install the cameras? I have both cameras ready to go but still haven't found a tutorial yet.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom