Data/Readings post BMS update.

Great piece of work !.
I have noticed that when charging the car is pulling about 7.1kw from the wall box, but when it reaches about 98% SOC it throttles back the charge to about 3.6 kw.
At 100 % SOC it then drops the demand back to about 500Watts to carry out the balance cycle.
The charge / balance time was really length on my first home charge after the first update.
It had taken 11 hours to complete from a already high SOC of 92% !.
The second home charge / balance was a lot quicker from similar SOC of 91%.
That cycle time was about half of the last result.
I have charged / balanced about 4 times now and the pack voltage is roughly about the same every time.
It’s about 448 - 449 volts.
After the first charge / balance it displayed 450 volts very briefly and then dropped back to 449 volts.
Others who have had the BMS update ( released 15th Jan 2921 ) are seeing very similar voltages on their packs now.
I look forward to reading your results !.
Hi how or where are u getting these numbers from . What display ?

Use the side arrows on the steering wheel, to go through the menus on the dash and one of them shows the voltage.
Yes I mean here .. I am trying to figure out the correlation between the bars and the voltage..

Attachments

• F1A9B4E5-8BCB-47D6-9607-0244BA4FF8F1.jpeg
    F1A9B4E5-8BCB-47D6-9607-0244BA4FF8F1.jpeg
    374.4 KB · Views: 125
The voltage is displayed on the next screen along, it just drops gradually as your range decreases, it's not much use really, but there is another thread on here somewhere which tells you the correlation between bars remaining and % battery remaining if that's any help.

The voltage is displayed on the next screen along, it just drops gradually as your range decreases, it's not much use really, but there is another thread on here somewhere which tells you the correlation between bars remaining and % battery remaining if that's any help.
Yes this one , but seems odd to me that this is 400 and half battery it was 440 on full battery , but will check out the other thread. Mileage estimate went from 215 to 98 after driving 48km as well and car got all the new updates yesterday

Attachments

• 9652AA0B-1766-459D-9284-43F7C153DBAF.jpeg
    9652AA0B-1766-459D-9284-43F7C153DBAF.jpeg
    395.8 KB · Views: 111
Got new BMS yesterday. Never had the buggy ones. When I got home and charged it up to 100% it was 159 miles and 439 v. I then allowed it to equalise once for 6 hours or so and got the same range but 450 v.
hi all just BMS up date done on friday have been given free first service / mg toy car seems to a lot better range already

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom