Dcdc charge fault??

trehans

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi, bought my 21 MG5 prefacelift a few weeks ago, 15000 miles. Everything was going smoothly but today got a scare while driving when a warning message appeared - DCDC charge fault with a red battery symbol.
Car was at 78% charge and this warning appeared a few times before arriving home.
Anyone had any experience with this?
Help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Not a common fault.
The logs will need to be interrogated by a dealer to get more info.

The only DCDC action happening while driving is the charging of the 12V aux from the HV battery via the CCU. That’s why looking at the 12V aux level as suggested by Jomarkh is important.

When the car is in Ready it should show a stable value around 14V, if it’s way below that or fluctuating get a new battery (these are known to fail and come with just 1 year warranty anyway)

Keep an eye on it otherwise and if it happens again bring it back to the dealer.

What was the 12v battery level showing?
Where do I find this?
Display shows 14.1v sometimes drops to 13.7 if that helps

The only DCDC action happening while driving is the charging of the 12V aux from the HV battery via the CCU. That’s why looking at the 12V aux level as suggested by Jomarkh is important.

When the car is in Ready it should show a stable value around 14V, if it’s way below that or fluctuating get a new battery (these are known to fail and come with just 1 year warranty anyway)

Keep an eye on it otherwise and if it happens again bring it back to the dealer.

What battery is recommended?

I’ve had similar but in addition to the dcdc charge fault, I also got auto hold fault and most recently motor fault. The car also either shuts down or goes into limp home mode. This first happened on the 3 June and 4 breakdowns and 6 months later the fault remains undiagnosed and I’m left without a car! I hope you have better luck.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom