Deactivate Traffic Jam Assistance (TJA) while keeping ACC on?

tomsl

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I apologise if this has been asked before, but this is something that is starting to annoy me.

So if I drive on hihgways, I always use ACC. Sometimes I additionally activate Traffic Jam Assistance TJA for comfort, by pulling the MG Pilot lever twice in my direction, then both ACC and TJA are active.
In some cases I want to only deactivate TJA again, but keep ACC on. I found no way to achieve this.
I always need to deactivate MG Pilot completely (by pushing the lever in the opposite direction of me), then I activate it again and need to set ACC again.

This is a somewhat tedious process. Are there any shortcuts I am missing?

Thanks for your help, and apologies if I didn't use the right terms, English is not my first language.

None that I have found, I have to do the same as you. I do only use full MG Pilot on our motorways though, so on the off slip-road I disengage it ready for driving on other roads.

There is a separate switch in the menu to disable the traffic jam assist.
I disabled it on the screen and this method worked, although it is not what I hopd for, but at least ACC stayed on and I can reactivate TJA with a double pull on the lever.

So thanks for the hint!

It works ok on Highways. Also if I need my hands for some seconds (e.g. for opening a bottle of water), it is convenient.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom