Dealer deals

Racer7

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
I was browsing Autotrader (trying to do a side by side comparison with the Born) and noticed that the MG4s listed now have some dealer discounts on there, namely £200 off a Trophy spec with triple paint. (£31,990 Vs RRP £32,190)

Whilst these are supposed to "fly off the shelves" I'm wondering now about best way to get a deal or what kind of negotiable deal could be possible with a dealer (e.g. free v2l or something like that).

Anyone going across dealers with their enquiries/purchases? I think as much as some dealers have provided crappy service (no contact , incorrect info) then I feel it's fair game to on the customer side seek out the best deal or challenge (nicely) on buying.

I don't think £200 will get you much. A MG type2 cable ot V2L lead will cost more than that, you may get mats or mud flaps.

I don't think £200 will get you much. A MG type2 cable ot V2L lead will cost more than that, you may get mats or mud flaps.
I guess my point is that evidently some dealers are now trying to tempt the business their way. So far I've been using customer service as a guage for where I would take my business. But that's not exactly been impressing me. I see it's night and day with some of the more engaged dealers in this site. Unfortunately non are local to me. So with that in mind, if I can't get good service I might as well try and save a few pennies.

From the comments from MG affiliated members on here and the general state of the EV market I’d be quite surprised if you got anything more than a token gesture.

I think some of these slightly lower prices are done just to drive the listing up the search ranking and when you go to actually purchase the price will be RRP. Could be wrong though.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back