Dealer lack of service

s jordan

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I’ve just recieved my 2023 reg zs ev back from dealer as it was in for a rear door lock not working , surprisingly nothing done as they had to check this was the fault !!! and I also asked about the car not emitting a sound when moving slowly,I was told that this wasn’t a requirement but under uk law I thought that it was ??
Any advise please

From 1 July 2019 all manufacturers must install an acoustic sound system in new types of quiet electric and hybrid electric vehicles to improve road safety.

Yes that’s what I said to the service dept in Islington Trowbridge, he said they weren’t aware !! But was going to get back to me . Is it something that a software update would make it work ?

I’ve just recieved my 2023 reg zs ev back from dealer as it was in for a rear door lock not working , surprisingly nothing done as they had to check this was the fault !!! and I also asked about the car not emitting a sound when moving slowly,I was told that this wasn’t a requirement but under uk law I thought that it was ??
Any advise please
It appears to follow a three stage process unfortunately.
Process 1 - Customer books an appointment with the dealer, to have the car accessed to establish the customer complaint.
If replacement parts are then required, the dealer will raise a ticket with MG to gain authority to order said parts.
Process 2 - Wait for the parts to arrive, this can be a short wait IF the parts are available from U.K. stock, or if a “back order” item is required, the part(s) are coming from China.
Pricess 3 - Then when the part(s) arrive, arrange make another appointment to have the replacement parts installed.

It does seem like the dealer network for service support for MG is poor. Last week my dashboard was lit up like a Christmas tree with fault after fault. Called Arnold Clark in Bishopbriggs to get it booked in and was told first available appointment was the 18th of April. 2 months wait just to get them to look at the issue is ridiculous. Fortunately the car seems to have given itself a shake and the faults have disappeared but it does make you concerned if there is an issue that does need looked at.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom