Dealers contract cancelled

Shallot01

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Has anyone come across their dealer having their MG contract cancelled. I now have to travel elsewhere for servicing and troubleshooting.

Yes - it was fairly well publicised last year that MG were getting rid of some of their old smaller dealers. The requirement for dealers to stay with MG was something like a showroom that could hold 7 cars (and probably some others).

All part of the move to push the brand upwards...

If I had not complained to a Director at the lack of customer service at the Plymouth branch then they would not have informed me voluntarily.
I get that they have let down by MG, but neither they or MG have been honest about the situation.

If I had not complained to a Director at the lack of customer service at the Plymouth branch then they would not have informed me voluntarily.
I get that they have let down by MG, but neither they or MG have been honest about the situation.
What have MG done dishonestly ?

I think they are referring to the fact that they had bought a dealer servicing deal which may or may not be valid at other dealers.

There's a difference between a manufacturer service deal (valid at any dealer) and a dealer service deal that may only be valid at that dealership or branches of the same dealer group, which may be a long way away if your local dealer folds.

Remember whenever you get a deal offer from your dealer, ask if it is valid elsewhere and what happens if they go out of business.

I think they are referring to the fact that they had bought a dealer servicing deal which may or may not be valid at other dealers.

There's a difference between a manufacturer service deal (valid at any dealer) and a dealer service deal that may only be valid at that dealership or branches of the same dealer group, which may be a long way away if your local dealer folds.

Remember whenever you get a deal offer from your dealer, ask if it is valid elsewhere and what happens if they go out of business.
No mention of a service plan bought in the OP.

On the contrary they are talking about having to go elsewhere for their servicing and maintenance and their contract being cancelled - what else could this be?
He spoke of the dealer having their MG contract cancelled, i.e. one of the smaller dealers that they are dropping.
I have no service contract but if my local dealer shut down I would have to go elsewhere for servicing and repairs too.

Maybe. I suspect he means they didn't contact him to inform that MG had cancelled their dealership contract. If so I think that it is poor from the dealer that they didn't, a simple lack of decency/courtesy.

My car had issues, they kept quoting that ’They did not have a technician’. What they really meant was. We are no longer able to touch your car, as we do not have the resource or responsibility.
Fortunately another dealer, an hour away was able to deal with the infotainment issues that have plagued my car from new.
They were not honest about their situation.

Having read the above comments on MG closing small dealerships. It appears that MG are not the only Manufacturer carrying out a dealership cull. I have just received a letter from my local KIA dealer who i have purchased car from for many years that the have been removed from dealership contracts. It looks like that at least three KIA dealers in this small south coast area have gone under or had to be taken over by larger dealerships. My service and sales experience from the Lee On The Solent dealership of " Fine Cars" has been first class, What a contrast to my experience with the the local large dealerships of KIA and Volkswagen. On no account will i be change my allegiance to them. Kia and MG's decision to close smaller dealerships i think is very short sighted as "Fine Cars" will still be marketing Hyundai and SsangYong so it just means a change in brand...
I am happy with my MG ZSEVLR Trophy Connect that i have had for 13 months, apart from the repeated "Arrange Service Soon" Message every 600 miles or so. It has behaved perfectly over 8000 miles. I am currently being bombarded By MG sales. that i am a loyal customer and special deals can be arranged to change to a new car. I shall wait until the replacement SUV ZSEV on the new platform arrives in the UK probably next year before thinking about a replacement...

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom