What do you the Community think
I will sign up for the yearly service

Dealer wants me to have
Gap insurance £600
Silicon spray outside and inside now £500 from £700
I think its a complete con trying to get more cash out of me
What do you the Community think
I will sign up for the yearly service
I agree with you, I think you can get your own car protection system much cheaper from a local detailer. Probably around the £300 mark
As for gap insurance it was discredited a while ago,
But to each his own

I agree with you, I think you can get your own car protection system much cheaper from a local detailer. Probably around the £300 mark
But to each his own
Thanks Nick in the end it would have cost me another couple of Grand
Got to have the the yearly service but if I have protection will look elsewhere

It's worth checking with you own insurance policy, I use DirectLine, that give a type of gap insurance for the car's first year, do double check for yourself and not rely on my rubbish memory!

Pretty much any "extra" offered by the dealer is likely to be poor VFM. If you want GAP Insurance or additional paint protection you can easily arrange it for your self competitively.

You can get GAP insurance for a lot less, probably around half that. Many car insurance companies have a "new for old" clause if your car is written off in the first year so GAP is not needed, but if you take GAP insurance out from the second year you only get the year old value for the car, i.e. the value when you took it out. So if you want a new car replacement value after the first year, you need to take it out from new.
Protection sprays are a waste of money on the interior unless you have cloth or real leather and paint protection on the outside can be applied much cheaper either DIY or by a detailer.

Have a look at total loss gap was around 400 for 5 years cover have used before and they did pay out no quibble so have used them also on last two cars and even refunded when went from Mark 1 to Mark 2 zs

But to each his own
I have tried for the best part of a year to find a decent car protection for less than the dealer offered without any luck. They are always massively more expensive.
If anyone can pass on details of somewhere around Leeds I would be grateful.

I have tried for the best part of a year to find a decent car protection for less than the dealer offered without any luck. They are always massively more expensive.
If anyone can pass on details of somewhere around Leeds I would be grateful.
Have a look for mobile detailers, some will detail your car and put 3 month, 6 month or 12 month ceramic protection on for less than £100.

Have a look for mobile detailers, some will detail your car and put 3 month, 6 month or 12 month ceramic protection on for less than £100.
Oh how I wish I could find one of them at that price. 😞

Has anyone used ChipsAway to apply Supagard, if so is it any good and what sort of price bracket ?

There are a number of videos on Youtube which show you how to do it yourself. Cleaning and decontamination are the key.
Check out Andy's (EVM) video he did during lockdown.

There are a number of videos on Youtube which show you how to do it yourself. Cleaning and decontamination are the key.
Check out Andy's (EVM) video he did during lockdown.

I have neither the patience or desire to try it myself. I will continue to seek an expert that knows what they are doing and how to do it well. :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom