Decrease in range Zs trophy connect long range ?

Minniemouse1965

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi I’ve had this car 7 months it used to have a range of 273 I can now only get 233 at 100% I understand when it’s winter but surely I should be getting more now ?

Hi I’ve had this car 7 months it used to have a range of 273 I can now only get 233 at 100% I understand when it’s winter but surely I should be getting more now ?
Although the gom showed this as your range, were you able to achieve this? My experience is that I consistently get lower mileage than the gom suggests and it's further out when resetting it. Have stopped resetting mine as it gives an unachievable figure for the type of driving I do (lots of motorway miles with the M74 being a killer for it).

Hi there how do you reset it ? My issue is when I first bought the car and collected it it was 273 and continued to be around that till the winter. Which I totally understand. It’s now much warmer but still the max is not showing as that , is the battery losing power ? Less effective? Thanks everyone for your help. Have been charging mostly on 3 pin not sure if that makes a difference

Hi there how do you reset it ? My issue is when I first bought the car and collected it it was 273 and continued to be around that till the winter. Which I totally understand. It’s now much warmer but still the max is not showing as that , is the battery losing power ? Less effective? Thanks everyone for your help. Have been charging mostly on 3 pin not sure if that makes a difference
You'll find that average values fall very quickly and rise very slowly. Imagine 10 journeys where you get 4.0 m/kWh. One journey at 2.0 m/kWh will suddenly drop your average.

On Saturday I did a 85.3 mile trip (Ruislip to Hayling Island nr Portsmouth) using 28% of the battery (LRTC). That equates to around a 300 mile range. I bought (took possession of) last September (2022). I have never reset the GOM. I cant see the point as It will lose the memory of how you drive. Also just monitor for yourself the efficiency figures (I got 4.1 mile's per kwh on this journey doing 60 to 65 mph) and how much battery percentage goes down for each 50 or 100 mile's travelled.

On Saturday I did a 85.3 mile trip (Ruislip to Hayling Island nr Portsmouth) using 28% of the battery (LRTC). That equates to around a 300 mile range. I bought (took possession of) last September (2022). I have never reset the GOM. I cant see the point as It will lose the memory of how you drive. Also just monitor for yourself the efficiency figures (I got 4.1 mile's per kwh on this journey doing 60 to 65 mph) and how much battery percentage goes down for each 50 or 100 mile's travelled.
How do I measure the miles per kWh ?

Check the dashboard - the car will tell you - eg - this is my long range 5 showing 4mpkw last night
9AB0D13B-0458-4C0A-AF41-5F5C4BE35A79.jpeg

I have the 1st gen ZS. The miles displayed varies like the changing of the winds. You can do a journey park up for a few mins get back in and its shows 20 miles less than before. Stop again and it jumps back up. Temperature and driving style plays a big part. Overall guesstimated figure Still not up to where it was last summer but rises every time 100% charge it. Hope this helps

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom