decreasing [remaining charge] at 80% charged

prospero

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
good morning, my question every time I charge the car to 80%. recently over about the last half dozen charges I noticed the remaining range is decreasing, working on the range at 270 miles 80% = remaining range should read 216 miles, last week It was down to 198 miles this morning it was 189 miles both showing 80% charged, has anyone else had this experience ?,or does anyone think I should contact the dealer about my concern I took delivery of the car March this year,

There are a lot of threads on this topic. The range shown is an estimate based on a number of factors, temperature, rain, wind, terrain, motorways, town roads, HVAC, and how heavy your right foot is. If you do a search, you'll find plenty of detailed answers.

Nothing to worry about. :)

Upvote 0
good morning, my question every time I charge the car to 80%. recently over about the last half dozen charges I noticed the remaining range is decreasing, working on the range at 270 miles 80% = remaining range should read 216 miles, last week It was down to 198 miles this morning it was 189 miles both showing 80% charged, has anyone else had this experience ?,or does anyone think I should contact the dealer about my concern I took delivery of the car March this year,
Try resetting your trip counters as they are used to work out the GOM

Upvote 0
There are a lot of threads on this topic. The range shown is an estimate based on a number of factors, temperature, rain, wind, terrain, motorways, town roads, HVAC, and how heavy your right foot is. If you do a search, you'll find plenty of detailed answers.

Nothing to worry about. :)
thank you,
will investigate thank you

Upvote 0
As @Jomarkh and @Gadget Geek have correctly stated, your PREDICTED range reported after a charge, is totally based on the historical data stored within the car system itself.
Leaving the trip counters untouched is the favoured option by some, or resetting the trip counters is favoured by others, it's a personal 50/50 choice really.
I always favour the resetting option myself, but that's just me 🤷‍♂️ !.
IF you ARE at all concerned about the PREDICTED range the GOM has recently been reporting ( as you must be, hence your post ) then try this out !.
Before you commence your next charging session, remember to reset both trip counters back to zero first.
Now after the car is fully charged, you will now see that the car reports a figure more closely related to the what you where seeing before your concern !.
Expect some very slight variation due to the climate conditions of course.
Our Trophy LR is about 18 months old and covered a similar mileage, are charging needs are satisfied by our A/C home wall box and no D/C rapid use.
In order to give an indication of what you SHOULD be receiving, then here you go.
Reset trips, then set the charging level to 80% SOC.
When complete, on boot up your GOM should now be displaying a predicted range of 212 miles.
In the standard default range of NORMAL & Regen level 3 of course.

Upvote 0
Weather is getting cold. Battery performance is not as good in warm weather. Switching on heater uses more energy.

Based on your setting and driving, car predicts you can drive less distance with same charge in warm weather.

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom