Delays in getting parts...

notdodgy

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I had my car delivered at the beginning of December.
10 days later I found I could not charge it.
After plugging in at Tesco, I realised it had not added any miles.
At home with the granny charger I realised it wasn't do much (I have a smart socket tat shows power consumption).
Found I could not release the charging plug and ended up using the manual release.
Then found it would not lock the plug and would display "connected but not charging".
Took it to my local MG garage - they did the updates that the garage that supplied the car should have done and it was still faulty.
They then had to contact MG to get permission to change the faulty part.
Next day I learned that the new part will take until the end of January for it to come!

Over 6 weeks for a part to arrive!

Have others experienced such delays in getting parts or repairs done?

The garage have loaned me a new courtesy car - MG ZS Exclusive (Auto), so I have no complaints about their service.

They probably had to order it from China. I ordered some stuff online from China (not MG) 5 weeks ago and it's still not arrived.

They probably had to order it from China. I ordered some stuff online from China (not MG) 5 weeks ago and it's still not arrived.
I have ordered a couple of items.
One never arrived and has been sent again.
Another item got bounced by customs and been sent again. Still waiting on delivery.
UK post is struggling anyway. Items shown as posted only appear on Royal mail over a week later.
I suspect overseas post isn't a priority.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom