Did you know...? Key fob hold down lock and unlock...

Have this on my Astra. I wonder if MG5 is on an Astra platform since both SAIC and vauxhall used GM car platforms.

Global opening and closing. My 2001, 2005 and 2008 Ford Mondeos had it. My 2016 Prius had it but it was not activated as standard, I had to use the Carista app and my bluetooth dongle to activate it.
Be careful if you fit those suckered window shades though, SWMBO managed to drag one down into the winder mechanism on the 2001 Mondeo, damaging and derailing the cable in the process. :rolleyes:

I think we can agree it's a feature of lots of cars but very useful, only warning i would give is if you have the keys in your pocket and bend down in the house near to the car don't be surprised when you go out to the car you find all the windows open, best hope it's not raining or snowing

Did you know that holding the Unlock and Lock on your key fob opens and closes all windows?

Any other handy tips about the MG5 ?
Did you know that holding the Unlock and Lock on your key fob opens and closes all windows?

If you press and hold the unlock it will open the car and windows and press and hold the lock it will lock the doors and close the windows

If you sit on your keys when its snowing, it lowers all your windows and fills the car with snow. I really had this happen earlier in the year and posted it on here.

I think we can agree it's a feature of lots of cars but very useful, only warning i would give is if you have the keys in your pocket and bend down in the house near to the car don't be surprised when you go out to the car you find all the windows open, best hope it's not raining or snowing
I remember when I had a Skoda Yeti that did this a lot of owners complained that their windows kept on opening. They also discovered that they had the key in their pocket.....

BMW’s have had this feature for many years.
If you had an electric sun roof, it open open / close with the windows also.
I think they use to call it “The One Button, Total Open / Closure Facility”.
I found it handy when returning to a hot car in the summer, you could open everything from a distance to allow the hot air to escape from the cabin.
I use to get a lot of people pointing at the car, when all of the windows started to drop !.

That is a bit of a bummer as I never take my keys out of my pocket (sole driver). My house key is on my car keys (Yale), and it is easy to lock yourself out!
You could use a Faraday case for your keys, it will solve the problem and make your insurance company happy

Attachments

• PXL_20210409_120243250.jpg
    PXL_20210409_120243250.jpg
    676.9 KB · Views: 175
BMW’s have had this feature for many years.
If you had an electric sun roof, it open open / close with the windows also.
I think they use to call it “The One Button, Total Open / Closure Facility”.
I found it handy when returning to a hot car in the summer, you could open everything from a distance to allow the hot air to escape from the cabin.
I use to get a lot of people pointing at the car, when all of the windows started to drop !.
I had a car once that if you pressed the button it started, drove to McDonalds bought my breakfast, came back, made a cup of tea, No sorry got mixed up, that was the x missus.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom