Digital Dash Screen completely gone!

chiefnemesis

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi Guys,

I was driving back from a long range trip from Manchester to Bristol today. Everything was fine and I stopped over at the services. I came back turned my car on and my digital dash for the instrument cluster was completely gone! Please see the attached photos. Have people seen this before? Going to an MG dealership tomorrow. I can still see my speed and I used the infotainment battery info but it’s such a nuisance!

P.S my wife took the photos not me! 😂

Attachments

• 17a2164d-2645-4599-ae71-66d52893feea.jpeg
    17a2164d-2645-4599-ae71-66d52893feea.jpeg
    159.1 KB · Views: 80
  • 33c66326-7fa4-4e87-9d63-b3c140369075.jpeg
    33c66326-7fa4-4e87-9d63-b3c140369075.jpeg
    152 KB · Views: 74
  • 36b48d37-aa18-4131-ae3a-a00cc0ab9238.jpeg
    36b48d37-aa18-4131-ae3a-a00cc0ab9238.jpeg
    159.6 KB · Views: 75
I don’t think this has been reported by anybody else ?.
If you are going to the dealer tomorrow, it would be interesting to hear what they say.
You COULD try a master 12 volt reset ?.
Disconnect the negative terminal on the 12 volt battery ( 10mm spanner 🔧 required ) leave it disconnected for 15 minutes, then reconnect and tighten back up.
This may recover it.

I don’t think this has been reported by anybody else ?.
If you are going to the dealer tomorrow, it would be interesting to hear what they say.
You COULD try a master 12 volt reset ?.
Disconnect the negative terminal on the 12 volt battery ( 10mm spanner 🔧 required ) leave it disconnected for 15 minutes, then reconnect and tighten back up.
This may recover it.
Thank you for your response. Going to try this and see what happens. Never seen this as an issue on here so hoping it’s nothing serious. AA said car is safe to drive.

@Lovemyev no luck unfortunately. Did the 15 minute disconnect, hooked it back up and still nothing showing up properly on the screen. Off we go to the dealer tomorrow.

@Gadget Geek @Lovemyev is there a way to know what error messages are coming up if you can’t see them on the display? I’m going to ask the dealer to see if they can find out but I have noticed an error message comes up as I hear the noise but can’t read or see what the error is…

That fault looks to me like it's the connections to the LC Display. A cheap and easy repair (except for gaining access) if you have the time and the skills, but my guess is that they'll replace a big chunk of the instrumentation.

@Gadget Geek @Lovemyev is there a way to know what error messages are coming up if you can’t see them on the display? I’m going to ask the dealer to see if they can find out but I have noticed an error message comes up as I hear the noise but can’t read or see what the error is…
There is the Thai MG app with an OBDII dongle which I believe shows error codes. If you put "Thai app" in the search function you should find a link to the app.

Thanks for your guidance @Lovemyev @Gadget Geek and others. I booked it into MG and they did a software update and replaced the LCD display which had malfunctioned according to them due to wear and quality. Not impressed with their root cause analysis but they’ve replaced the LCD in 4 days which is great. I was expecting to wait for ages!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom