Disconnect charger

davejohn

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
How do I diconnect the cable when it is being charged. Got stuck at a Supermarket even with car unlocked car cable would not release. Had to ring emergency phone on pod point. There is no stop charging on pod point app. that I could see.

How do I diconnect the cable when it is being charged. Got stuck at a Supermarket even with car unlocked car cable would not release. Had to ring emergency phone on pod point. There is no stop charging on pod point app. that I could see.
I helped a lady just this week at Tesco Pod-Point when the cable wouldn't release from the post. Pod-Point told her to plug back into her ID3, lock and unlock 4 times and the plug came out sweet as a nut. :)

Once I had to lock the car up for a few minutes then unlock.
Try starting the charge again then lock and unlock car.

You only have a small amount of time between unlocking the car (even if it is already unlocked, just unlock again - no need to lock to unlock it) and removing the cable from the car otherwise it will re-lock. Once removed from car, then unplug at podpoint.

This on a mk1 or 2? On the mk2 you have to select finish charge in the battery menu, that then unlocks the cable.

It automatically unlocks when the car unlocks if its reached the charge level selected. You'll be able to tell because the LEDs on the front will be blue. Or off entirely.

Just looked at your previous posts, if you got the LR this is definitely the case.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom