Disturbing news just read about dealerships cancelling orders of MG ZS EV’s

Cloggsy

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Yesterday I read a post on the MG ZS EV Facebook page, accusing the same dealer I placed my order with, of cancelling a customer’s order (ordered in November ‘21 & still unfulfilled).

Allegedly, the dealership telephoned them to advise them that the order they’d placed had been cancelled… On reading this I emailed the salesman from said dealership who my daughter & I placed our orders with in March ‘22, (both for MG ZS EV LR’s; hers in Blue, mine in Red).

Curiously, I have still not received a response to my email 🤔 Should I be worried?

Anyway, the Facebook post did say the customer had contacted MG UK, who stated the order had not been cancelled?! If that is the case, what is the dealership playing at?

I am now basically ‘locked in’ as the Government have now removed the EV grant which is was in place. If I pull out of my order I lose the grant, so I’m just playing a waiting game, but I’m hardly filled with confidence at the thought of the dealership playing silly games with customers…

What are your thought? 🤔

Allegedly, the dealership telephoned them to advise them that the order they’d placed had been cancelled…
Cancelled by whom, not the person who has paid their deposits and been waiting for months, thats for sure !.
It would appear it's the dealer themselves then ?.
If MG themselves, are STILL have the order on the system, then the dealer maybe trying to reallocate them older orders to another customer, who will be paying a higher prices for the car !.
It sounds a bit suspect to me I have to say ?????.

Which dealership did you order from?
It’s the Facebook post I referred to on the shipping thread yesterday. It’s MG Darlington I believe. The one you have telephoned.

@Cloggsy if you look on the shipping thread there is quite a lot regarding this in the last few pages. It looks to only be December orders that have been affected so far.

Also appears that they are now telling customers they shouldn't have been cancelled! MG may have had something to do with that 🤔

are they sure it was the dealership and not someone messing them about?
have they called back the dealership and verified this?

sha66ir posted this on the shipping updates thread:

"Just got a call from MG Darlington from their manager. He told me that these cancelled orders are not suppose to be cancelled. The customers with cancelled orders will be contacted for the matter to be discussed. Hope you guys can have your cancelled orders reversed."

Might be best posting on that thread. :)

Update on our cancelled order. If you have ordered from Drive MG Darlington and had the car cancelled phone call there were 40 odd apparently GO INTO THE DEALERSHIP and ask questions don't just accept the news. Our car is still on order and I now have my order number. MG UK got back to us and and have confirmed an investigation is underway it does look like a mix up on the dealerships end. Waiting to see where our car is, hopefully on a ship arriving soon. 🤞

Chapel House MG Bolton avoid at all costs - I placed my order on 10th Jan 2022 MG ZS EV LR Trophy Connect in Darlington Blue. Delivery mid May, well of course that didn't happen. My lease car was due to be returned on 23rd June so I popped into the dealership start of June to see if they had any EV's in stock.
Yippee they had a MG ZS SR in stock only the SE but in the blue, so I decided it has the spec I need in a car, the range wasn't such an issue so on 8th June changed my ordered to the car in stock. Deposit was transferred over and I was quoted and given a price with the EV Plug In grant deducted and assured that on 8th June the grant had been applied for.
Fast forward to 14th June - I go to the dealership to pay for my car in full, no PCP or HP.
I sit down and the rep say, by the way you will need to pay £1500.00 more as the grant has been scrapped??? I had heard this news and had checked the gov. website so was aware it was on all new orders, so my order was fine. I told him this and got a shrug of the shoulder and informed "above my pay grade" decision of head office.
I spoke to the sales reps manager who went onto say, your grant has been applied for but hasn't yet been approved, so you pay the 1.5k more and we will give it you back when the gov. pay us, oh and it could take 6 months.
Firstly I cant just rustle up 1.5k, secondly I think they are a bunch of crooks and wouldn't trust them to pay me back, MG head office no help, they don't get involved in dealership sales, only post sales. Chapel House Head Office didn't even respond.
End result I can't find the 1.5k, MG Head Office no help, Chapel House Head Office no reply, the dealer and his boss no chance of a compromise.
So order cancelled by dealership in my opinion, grant lost completely, and as of yet no deposit returned.
I will not let it end here, my intention is to lodge a formal compliant with Chapel House and if it isn't resolved to my satisfaction then go to the Motor Ombudsman.
I truly believe they just wanted to sell it for more money hence there lack of compromise or compassion. I am a community nurse who now has no car till my new order with Vauxhall is delivered in January - Corsa E in Orange, (what a difference in professionalism between the dealerships). I am currently trying to find a cheap run around with an MOT for 6 months.
Chapel House MG are a joke and I will never ever consider dealing with them ever again.

Update on our cancelled order. If you have ordered from Drive MG Darlington and had the car cancelled phone call there were 40 odd apparently GO INTO THE DEALERSHIP and ask questions don't just accept the news. Our car is still on order and I now have my order number. MG UK got back to us and and have confirmed an investigation is underway it does look like a mix up on the dealerships end. Waiting to see where our car is, hopefully on a ship arriving soon. 🤞
I think the dealership is somehow going to make excuses before reinstating your order

Yesterday I read a post on the MG ZS EV Facebook page, accusing the same dealer I placed my order with, of cancelling a customer’s order (ordered in November ‘21 & still unfulfilled).

Allegedly, the dealership telephoned them to advise them that the order they’d placed had been cancelled… On reading this I emailed the salesman from said dealership who my daughter & I placed our orders with in March ‘22, (both for MG ZS EV LR’s; hers in Blue, mine in Red).

Curiously, I have still not received a response to my email 🤔 Should I be worried?

Anyway, the Facebook post did say the customer had contacted MG UK, who stated the order had not been cancelled?! If that is the case, what is the dealership playing at?

I am now basically ‘locked in’ as the Government have now removed the EV grant which is was in place. If I pull out of my order I lose the grant, so I’m just playing a waiting game, but I’m hardly filled with confidence at the thought of the dealership playing silly games with customers…

What are your thought? 🤔
What is the name & address of the Dealer so that people are well aware and to avoid!

What are your thought? 🤔
The gov grant for me was a con I had deal cancelled as car delivered was poor and I purchased a pre reg instead car values have dropped so you shouldn't loose out if you cancel and I had electrician fit my wall box charger cheaper than gov approved installer

The order was never cancelled.
Have they explained how the error occurred that led to them cancelling 46 orders? I could understand one order being cancelled by mistake, but 46? It doesn’t make any sense to me that they wouldn’t have queried that with MG as it would be a large bulk of their orders. Even if it was a system glitch surely they would have asked MG why before ringing customers?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom