Do I need the trophy or the trophy connect - please share your thoughts

benb

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi all. I have ordered a trophy LR, I did not go for the connect - am I correct that the only thing the connect does is amazon music ? And can I still do all the stuff like pre heat the car from the app in the standard trophy ? I only ordered Friday so could change if need be but if it’s only Amazon music then I’m not bothered Thank you Ben b

Amazon music with adverts unless you have Amazon Music subscription
live traffic
weather
voice control
Wi-Fi hot spot? But I think only 1gb

Amazon music with adverts unless you have Amazon Music subscription
live traffic
weather
voice control
Wi-Fi hot spot? But I think only 1gb
Wi-Fi hot spot is a feature that I wanted so I've been checking on this, so far it seems this is available on the standard Trophy.

If anyone knows for sure please post here.

I've seen the features of both and the Hot Spot is in both.

For the sake of the extra cost I went with the Connect. It’s a private cash buy so maybe easier to sell in the future.

For the sake of the extra cost I went with the Connect. It’s a private cash buy so maybe easier to sell in the future.
Do you know if the connect will make my i phone work on voice control without connecting it with a wire or do both the trophy and connect do this ? I’m not sure the man in the mg garage really knows! I’ve ordered a trophy but do want it connect my phone to use the voice recognition without the wire

Do you know if the connect will make my i phone work on voice control without connecting it with a wire or do both the trophy and connect do this ? I’m not sure the man in the mg garage really knows! I’ve ordered a trophy but do want it connect my phone to use the voice recognition without the wire
If you say “Hey Siri” your iPhone will receive voice commands as per normal.

Wireless Apple CarPlay is not suported in the ZS EV to the best of my knowledge. I will have a look tomorrow, but pretty confident it only supports Bluetooth phone connection.

I use a 150mm short cable and plug it in, still very tidy.

iSOUL Lightning iPhone Charger Cable, 15CM Short Braided USB Cord for iPhone 13/12/11/Pro/XS/Max/XR/X/10/8/7/6s Plus, iPad Air/Pro/Mini, iPod [Ultra Fast Sync & Charging] Amazon product ASIN B07ND9JSQY
You could try one of these…

CarlinKit 3.0 wireless CarPlay adapter with carbon fiber material suitable for most models equipped with factory wired CarPlay, wired CarPlay to wireless, support IOS15 Amazon product ASIN B09G366TP1

Last edited:
Cost difference between trophy and trophy connect is just £500. Though there's not a lot that we get, two features that can be helpful are live traffic and voice commands. People have been complaining about Apple car play and Andriod auto issues in the car. Its on other threads. So if you are relying on it for navigation, its a bit of a hit and a miss atm. Also it needs to be connected via a cable only. Live traffic updates is pretty useful if you dont want your phone to be connected for sat nav. Voice commands are fun if your someone who fancies them. There is a separate App which lists all voice commands. I havent personally tried them as I have a trophy. Things like wifi, though just 1GB, do come handy at times.

If you are happy to wait as Trophy Connect is affected by chip shortages(unless there is one available) and if £500 is not a lot of difference financially, I'd say go for Connect. There aren't breathtaking differences but its not a lot of cost either.

I am going to stick with the trophy. The only thing I would want would be able to press the button on the steering wheels and tell it to call someone without having to connect the phone with the wire but it seems you would still have to do that on the connect. I’m not bothered about the music or the open sunroof option

I've ordered the Trophy, the only thing I will miss are live traffic updates, as my Renault Zoe has that facility (it also has voice commands, but I never use them). The Connect has very little to make it the "Premium" model above the Trophy, it really should have been an optional extra.

People have been complaining about Apple car play and Andriod auto issues in the car. Its on other threads. So if you are relying on it for navigation, its a bit of a hit and a miss atm. Also it needs to be connected via a cable only.

Important to use a genuine Apple cable.

Hi all. I have ordered a trophy LR, I did not go for the connect - am I correct that the only thing the connect does is amazon music ? And can I still do all the stuff like pre heat the car from the app in the standard trophy ? I only ordered Friday so could change if need be but if it’s only Amazon music then I’m not bothered Thank you Ben b
Hi you have said it yourself amazon is the only difference stick with your choice I too have ordered the trophy

I am going to stick with the trophy. The only thing I would want would be able to press the button on the steering wheels and tell it to call someone without having to connect the phone with the wire but it seems you would still have to do that on the connect. I’m not bothered about the music or the open sunroof option
Remember there are wireless adapters for car play now

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom