Do New MG5 Long Range now have official 75Kg roof rails?

marknorris

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Do New MG5 Long Range EVs now have official 75Kg rated roof rails?
There seem to be many articles and much controversy about the 'decorative only' roof rails on the original MG5s. I am hoping to buy a new MG5 Long Range EV as a family car and require functioning roof bars for bikes, etc., ... so, would just like to know if the new MG5s really do have an official loading of 75Kg as listed on the brochure?

Do New MG5 Long Range EVs now have official 75Kg rated roof rails?
There seem to be many articles and much controversy about the 'decorative only' roof rails on the original MG5s. I am hoping to buy a new MG5 Long Range EV as a family car and require functioning roof bars for bikes, etc., ... so, would just like to know if the new MG5s really do have an official loading of 75Kg as listed on the brochure?
MG5LR => 75kg
MG5SR => 35kg (was initially 50kg, then decorative and finally 35kg - I think).

Thanks for that. 75Kg is a useful and reassuring loading for a few bike or an occasional canoe! That may well persuade me to get on and order my first MG5 Long Range Exclusive with the roof rails.
Does anyone have a particular recommendation for compatible roof bars?

Thanks for that. 75Kg is a useful and reassuring loading for a few bike or an occasional canoe! That may well persuade me to get on and order my first MG5 Long Range Exclusive with the roof rails.
Does anyone have a particular recommendation for compatible roof bars?
You won't find any officially approved roof bars other than the MG version (which I think are Mont Blanc) listed due to the fiasco with the MG5 Standard Range bars - but anything that fits the ZS should fit the MG5 (the official MG bars are the same part number for both).

Alternatively, there are threads mentioning bars for Aldi/Lidl/eBay/etc that all look compatible - I'm using a set of Atera SIGNO RT 122cm that I bought for previous Grand CMax.

So, lots of options but possibly very few that are certified.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom