Does anyone else's Regen take time getting going?

smoked

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
So this morning set off for Coventry at around half 10 - 10 mins of street driving before reaching the motorway. once on the motorway the issue became more apparent

The regen at level 3 doesnt perform at level 3 - so let me explain - at 70mph i let go of the accelerator - the regen should read -19% however its only reading around -10%

as the journey continues slowly this number starts to reach -19% - it takes about 50 minutes for it to reach a recharge level 3.

the regen braking is noticably weaker too - like the regen setting was lower than 3 even though on the dash its showing 3.
i hope that makes sense.

So this morning set off for Coventry at around half 10 - 10 mins of street driving before reaching the motorway. once on the motorway the issue became more apparent

The regen at level 3 doesnt perform at level 3 - so let me explain - at 70mph i let go of the accelerator - the regen should read -19% however its only reading around -10%

as the journey continues slowly this number starts to reach -19% - it takes about 50 minutes for it to reach a recharge level 3.

the regen braking is noticably weaker too - like the regen setting was lower than 3 even though on the dash its showing 3.
i hope that makes sense.
Battery temp?

I presume you started at 100% for your journey. If so, there is no where for the regenerated electricity to go as the battery is at capacity. As the battery starts to drain, more regenerated electricity can go into it.

I presume you started at 100% for your journey. If so, there is no where for the regenerated electricity to go as the battery is at capacity. As the battery starts to drain, more regenerated electricity can go into it.
Ahhhhhh this must be it.

as more battery drains the more the regen works to its maximum capacity. never experienced it before so i was just worried something was up with the regen system

You'd think, they would find somewhere to dump the excess energy, like the heater or something. Make the regen more consistent.

Don't charge to 100% & there will be somewhere for it to go....
Nah why change my behaviour when a good system redesign will fix the issue and give us something to bitch about for years. This is the internet afterall.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom