Does anyone use Sport mode ?

Gomev

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Other than showing off when I have a new passenger, never use it, but why would you ?

Why do 1 litre Corsa drivers think they are the fastest thing on the road?
Them and the “White Van Mob” of course.
I use normal mode for 99.9% of the time.
If I need “Sport” mode in an emergency, then thumping the “Go” pedal to the carpet will give you max power on demand anyway.
I find normal mode is ideal most of the time.
Driving carefully in normal mode is pretty close to the Eco setting I find.

I'm still getting acclimatised to the car but I will use it.
Ultimate energy saving is not my overall goal.
I have come to the conclusion that there are two types of driving modes. Long distance energy saving when I use Eco mode to prolong the range and daily normal driving when I can enjoy driving the car in normal mode with the odd sports burst thrown in.

The majority of my driving will be the second option as I don’t do many longish trips.

Have used it twice just to prove how great is a BEV, I mostly drive mine in Eco mode because that's enough power/torque for me.

Last edited:
As others have mentioned, I too use mine occasionally at the traffic light grand prix. Like today, two young lads (I'm being polite ;)) in a Civic right on my rear end at the lights. Perhaps they were in a hurry to make their next sale, (🚬) but sport mode engaged and left them for dead. Same at the slip road on to the dual carriageway. How childish am I? 🤣

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom