• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Does it come with charger cables or not?

CogZog

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I've read on a few topics now where some mentioned buying charger cables which has now got me worried as I'm picking up my new ZS EV on Tuesday morning. Does it come with 2 cables, a type 2 and a 3 pin cable? I would be astonished if after buying a brand new electric vehicle finding out it didn't come with the necessary cables to charge it with!

I had already seen in MG's own Q&A over on their website it mentions that it does indeed include the 2 cables but posts I've since read indicate otherwise.

I could be mistaken but I think the type 2 cable was only given away up until end of August. A slow granny charger is included.

At first I was concerned about not having a type 2 cable but now I don’t think I will buy one. My home charger is tethered and rapid chargers are always tethered too.

If you think you might charge at supermarkets etc then a 5 meter type 2 cable runs about £130.

No type 2 unless you haggle. I told the dealer to throw one in, set of mats and mud flaps or I would go to another MG dealer who would offer me that.
The mud flaps are £150 inc install, the mats were £70 and the cable was £179. They said to me they would throw them in if it was a deal breaker. So I got them on the house

I've read on a few topics now where some mentioned buying charger cables which has now got me worried as I'm picking up my new ZS EV on Tuesday morning. Does it come with 2 cables, a type 2 and a 3 pin cable? I would be astonished if after buying a brand new electric vehicle finding out it didn't come with the necessary cables to charge it with!

I had already seen in MG's own Q&A over on their website it mentions that it does indeed include the 2 cables but posts I've since read indicate otherwise.
Hi,

I think my new car comes with a type 2 cable. If it does I will then have a spare type 2 cable that I got when I bought my MG ZS. So it's for sale for a very reasonable £60 ( you would have the postage on top of that. Let me know if you are interested?

Regards

Frank

I had to pay for the Type 2 cable when I bought my car but then it was £22,500 for a brand new ZS Exclusive in black so there wasn’t much margin in it. Frank’s cable sounds like a bargain.

Hi,

I think my new car comes with a type 2 cable. If it does I will then have a spare type 2 cable that I got when I bought my MG ZS. So it's for sale for a very reasonable £60 ( you would have the postage on top of that. Let me know if you are interested?

Regards

Frank
That's very kind of you Frank. I pick up our car tomorrow morning so will let you know if we need to take you up on your potential offer buddy

Wow that’s a great deal on the black exclusive, saved over £2k compared to what I paid in March....gutted perhaps I should have waited longer, but thought the deals were good at the time prior to COVID-19, these are the affects of poor sales even though MG exceeded its own previous records; there were major deals to be made..well done.

Well, as expected here, the car only came with the 3 pin granny cable. It's quite a short cable too! So, I will need to acquire a type 2 charge cable and an extension for the granny cable too. Ah well.

Well, as expected here, the car only came with the 3 pin granny cable. It's quite a short cable too! So, I will need to acquire a type 2 charge cable and an extension for the granny cable too. Ah well.
Make sure you get a 13A continuous rated extension, the Granny only draws 10A but most 10A extensions will get warm if drawing 10A continuously. Also roll the 13A extension out fully, don't leave any on the reel as it lowers the rating of the extension.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom