Amos

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I'm picking up my new ZS on Tuesday and I'm getting quotes for a home charger. One of the companies quoting has mentioned I need a dongle fitted to the charger for an MG. Can anyone explain what is this dongle does?

You should probably ask the company that gave you the quote. I'm not aware of any specialized equipment necessary for charging an MG.

I'm picking up my new ZS on Tuesday and I'm getting quotes for a home charger. One of the companies quoting has mentioned I need a dongle fitted to the charger for an MG. Can anyone explain what is this dongle does?
What's the charger brand?

MG is no different to any other EV. They should be fitting a charger with a type 2 connector. Anything else is nonsense..

Unless it's an untethered one or something and they are calling the type 2 cable a "dongle". Which would be wrong.

Thanks everyone, that's one quote I can ignore. They wanted £45 quid for it to be fitted into their wall unit.

They were just dangling their dongle for £45 direct to their bottom line, or back pocket. One to miss.

in New Zealand a dongle is typically a piece of hardware, like a small USB stick, that has wifi capabilty to connect a device to the internet
I have the easee one charger and it has Internet connection built in.
Maybe as you say the dongle is required to connect the charger to the Internet. You may need this in order to control the charge point via an app.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom