Door drain holes

Mgkev

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, checking over the car today I noticed that some of the door drain holes have clear plastic tape over them, mainly the ones at the centre of the door bases. Should these be there or shall I remove them?
Many thanks Kev.

I think they're covered in production but usually removed at PDI. Might have been missed.

Hi, checking over the car today I noticed that some of the door drain holes have clear plastic tape over them, mainly the ones at the centre of the door bases. Should these be there or shall I remove them?
Many thanks Kev.
Do you have any pics please?

Hi, see photos below one with the clear tape over the hole and another without.

Attachments

• 449CBFE4-B334-4E92-87C3-DC26A94E6340.jpeg
    449CBFE4-B334-4E92-87C3-DC26A94E6340.jpeg
    206.4 KB · Views: 211
  • DD1FA4C0-9F8D-4D95-AA6D-237F337585F0.jpeg
    DD1FA4C0-9F8D-4D95-AA6D-237F337585F0.jpeg
    320.4 KB · Views: 192
Thank you. I’ll look at mine. I’d say they’ve been missed a pdi - I was trying to figure out why they’d be there in the first place?

Mine's got tape over the hole in the middle of the front door and none over the one at the back. The rears have no tape on.

Not sure yet, I’ll see if there are any other responses to this thread. I am minded to remove them though.

I also have mix of some holes taped and others not.
I have removed tape on all and going to monitor to see if any water drains out.
If it does then probably drain holes that tape removal has been missed at PDI.
If no water comes out easy enough to replace tape.
I will possibly squirt some wax oil up the holes prior to resealing.

I also have mix of some holes taped and others not.
I have removed tape on all and going to monitor to see if any water drains out.
If it does then probably drain holes that tape removal has been missed at PDI.
If no water comes out easy enough to replace tape.
I will possibly squirt some wax oil up the holes prior to resealing.
I removed mine. The drivers one had a small amount of condensation on the inside.

They must have been left on by mistake - I can’t think what value they would add

Maybe to stop sea water getting in when they’re on their way over on the 🚣‍♀️ 🤣🤣

Pretty sure they're meant to be left on, the thickness and quality indicates to me they're not just for transport. I expect it was discovered they might let dirt and mud in or something when used in dirty road conditions, so covered them. The doors drain fine just through the rear holes on mine.

Pretty sure they're meant to be left on, the thickness and quality indicates to me they're not just for transport. I expect it was discovered they might let dirt and mud in or something when used in dirty road conditions, so covered them. The doors drain fine just through the rear holes on mine.
That's what I was thinking, they are pretty substantial pieces of tape, so I'm leaving mine on for now.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom