Door trim peeling

Jaygee

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Just noticed that the door trim which appears to be some kind of vinyl wrap is peeling!!
The car is just a year old!
Anyone else has this problem? Surely it will be a warranty thing?
IMG_4704.jpeg
IMG_4703.jpeg

That is really odd ??.
Not that it is that important / relevant here.
But is it the passengers front door ( N/S/F ) door frame shown in your photo’s, just for the checking purposes for other owners ?.
Under the affected film that is strangely splitting / cracking, what type of exposed
material / surface is now pearly evident ??.
Hopefully it is still the same body colour production as the rest of the car ??.
Never had this issue in our original Gen 1 model, but I will recheck on our Gen 2 facelift model and report back ASAP.

"Cosmetic Paint" is 36 month warranty. "Cosmetic Trim" is 12 months.
Hopefully your car is still under a year old so both will still be applicable. Either way get the warranty claim in quick.

That is really odd ??.
Not that it is that important / relevant here.
But is it the passengers front door ( N/S/F ) door frame shown in your photo’s, just for the checking purposes for other owners ?.
Under the affected film that is strangely splitting / cracking, what type of exposed
material / surface is now pearly evident ??.
Hopefully it is still the same body colour production as the rest of the car ??.
Never had this issue in our original Gen 1 model, but I will recheck on our Gen 2 facelift model and report back ASAP.
It’s the near side rear door. It is a painted surface under it.
Very bizarre

When I had an accident repair, it became obvious that there is quite a lot of similar trim all round the car. It is a sort of film like a decal where the backing is peeled off and the film stuck onto the panel. I suggest that the door paintwork had not been cleaned properly. All the various decal like parts were readily available when the panelshop needed them. I don't think it will be an expensive repair.

It’s the near side rear door. It is a painted surface under it.
Very bizarre
It is very bizarre your right there !.
The film looks like it has split and then started to peel off, bits of it have broken away and then gone missing ?.
Odd to say the least ?????.

Last edited:
I don't believe this has been reported as an issue by an other forum member here ?.
Unless somebody else has the same issue of course ???.
It's a bit of an odd one alright.

Been to my local dealer. Cost of getting the plastic ‘stickers’ being replaced £132. This goes up to £183 if the door and rubber seal need replacing as well if they need to come off when the strips are replaced.
The car is just 1 month outside of the 12 month warranty for trim. I asked about goodwill but I was told that MG have none.

ZS OG here. Those Korean window rain trims when removed will do this if not removed very carefully.

Unfortunately it seems "warranty" doesn't translate so well into chinese. It is that sort of attitude that will damage the MG name. The 7 year promise certainly helped persuade me to buy one and I feel a bit cheated....

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom