doubt in the battery of EHS

JordiFer

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum, and to the world of electric cars.
I am hesitating between buying the ZSEV or the EHS, and from what I understand, in the EVLR it is advisable to charge the battery from 20 to 80% to extend the battery, but in the case of the EHS everyone charges it to 100%, and I think they use the same manufacturing technology, is that so?

Does it mean that the useful life of the EHS will be shorter than that of the well-cared-for ZSLR? Thanks for the help! (I live in Spain)

The ZS is a slightly smaller car than the HS, depending on your family size, it may or may not make a difference to you. The ZS safety record is slightly lower than the HS. The HS got a full 5*

In relation to charging, it depends how good your charging infrastructure is like over there. I do find that some chargers that show up on maps, that when you get there its faulty or being used. In the UK I would expect only 20% of the time you want to use a charger that you can.

The ZS is a fast charge whereas the HS is a slow charge. The HS takes over 4 hours to charge from 0-100% which will get you approximately 35-40 miles. The official quoted is 32 miles.

I charge up to 100% on my HS PHEV, the UK version of the EHS. Because with only 40 miles pure EV its not a lot. But because its a slow charge Im guessing it will help protect the battery. But from what I read the battery depreciation should be very small. And in any case there is a warranty on the battery.

I have done a full comprehensive review and guide on EV cars and the EHS. You can check the video here

It’s a great video!
charging the ZSEV 2022 with the slow charger (I know it will require more hours of charging) is it a problem? Would it extend the life of the batteries?

The HS charges at only 3.7kw where as I know the ZS charges at 7kw, Im not sure if it has faster charge but I think has faster charge. I wouldnt use the type 1 charger than comes with the car unless emergency, some people say its safe but some people warn it may overheat the cable. Especially if its really hot in Spain.

I think the best bet is for you to speak to your MG dealer and ask how long the warranty is on the battery. If the warranty is long, you don;t need to worry about wear on the battery

7 years or 160.000 km
Thats good. I thought it was 7 years, but I did the research on the video some time ago so didn't want to give incorrect information and it may vary by country. I think 7 years use is quite reasonable. It doesn't mean that the battery definitely does need replacing then but after 7 years, it would be reasonable even if we had to pay to replace, and at that time im sure battery prices would have come done because of improvements

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom