Driver Side Grab Handle

Why? I take it you have never had the need to use one, It is a properly designed mobility aid, it damages and scratches nothing, my Father used one with no issues to help get in and out of the car
I haven't used one, but it very much looks like something that could do a lot of damage, especially with careless use.

I doubt the flimsy door catch on the ZS would support my 18 stone on one of those.
I bought a similar thing that is a step, rather than a handle, so that I could climb up and more easily wash the roof and just leaning on it was flexing the door catch so much I decided not to bother. I had visions of the door catch coming out of it's mountings.

Hi All, as a person well by my sell date I have look into having a grab handle installed. I can confirm that 2 square hole retainers for nuts, are there! (my EV is a 2020 version). I ask my friendly MG man to obtain the bits required, still waiting. He did say he would not be allowed to fit. Even a 84 year! {Me} old could fit in minutes. I am thinking of breaking my rear passenger one and requesting a replacement.
Just for some people, I have 2 titanium hips (27 years old} and a knackered right knee. Don't play soccer, cricket, rugby etc. etc. it grabs you later!

Hi All, as a person well by my sell date I have look into having a grab handle installed. I can confirm that 2 square hole retainers for nuts, are there! (my EV is a 2020 version). I ask my friendly MG man to obtain the bits required, still waiting. He did say he would not be allowed to fit. Even a 84 year! {Me} old could fit in minutes. I am thinking of breaking my rear passenger one and requesting a replacement.
Just for some people, I have 2 titanium hips (27 years old} and a knackered right knee. Don't play soccer, cricket, rugby etc. etc. it grabs you later!
They are definitely not there on mine, there isn't even any steel framework in the vicinity where it needs to be to mount when compared to the left hand side. How did you establish your car has the mountings?

I had a driver's side grab handle on my last four cars (all Škodas) ... I'm a big man, and somewhat disabled, and I use the grab handle to help me get into and out of the car. I also have one of those eBay things ... it's brilliant for helping me stand up when leaving the car, but doesn't help with getting in.

We need you to say how you've confirmed that they are there.

The only time I have missed a grab handle is in the wife's A-Class, which doesn't have one for the passenger... I like to hold it while I am being driven around by the wife lol, have never used a grab handle as a driver.

Be Cautious here!! On my 2020 not only were there no retaining holes, there was not even any metalwork behind the grab handle recess, so the roof pressing must be different between LHD/RHD, at least on some cars.
Agreed, not all cars are made equal, even those of matching trim levels

My 2022 MG HS initially didn't have a grab handle on the right drivers side. I contacted my dealership and they ordered me a handle and 2 holding bolts (£8). Having looked at how the left grab handle was fitted it was easy to locate the retaining brackets and therefore I was able to fit the new grab handle above the driver's seat.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom