Driver's seat

Martin

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Does anyone know how to adjust the driver's seat forward. When I operate the electric adjuster switch, it still stops fairly short. I'm 5ft.6ins and can only just reach the pedals. My wife is 5ft 3ins and can't reach well enough to drive.

Without meaning to sound rude your message makes no sense. If you've used the control to move the seat forwards you know how to do it.

If you've moved the seat forwards and reached the end of its travel and still can't reach the pedals you'll need something like this:

Cheap and cheerful too and Motability is mentioned on the website too.

I wonder if something's stopping your seat reaching its forward most position. I'm not much taller than you - if any - and where I have it set it's fine. If I had it any further forward the steering wheel would be in my chest! I'd check there are no obstructions on the seat rails or that that cables that power the motors under the seat aren't getting stretched when the seat moves.

Does anyone know how to adjust the driver's seat forward. When I operate the electric adjuster switch, it still stops fairly short. I'm 5ft.6ins and can only just reach the pedals. My wife is 5ft 3ins and can't reach well enough to drive.
My Wife is 5'4" & since beginning to shrink I am now 5'6, neither of us have any issues with the seat range of adjustment. If you'd like me to measure the shortest distance from the front of the seat to the brake pedal I will do so gladly for you to compare.

It sounds like the forward limit is being triggered prematurely or they've mounted it on the base rail too far back ?

I am a similar height of around 5ft 6inches and I have no problem ?.
Granted, I don’t sit right on top of the steering wheel, but I don’t sit in the back either, if you know what I mean.
To be honest, I adjusted the seat on the day we collected our ZS EV and I think I slightly adjusted it once a couple of days latter.
It has know been in the same position for almost 18 months and 13,000 miles.
The same applies to the steering wheel adjustment, set it once, that’s it !.
I find the seating position very comfortable.
I hate it when in some cars, you seem to always fiddling with the adjustment in an attempt to find a good position.
In this respect, I find the ZS EV very easy to get on with.
My brother has a ZS EV and a replacement knee and hip to go with it, he agrees that the seating is very comfortable !.

I just wish I could raise the steering wheel higher than its current max or lower the seat more.For me it's a shame as the seat is artificially raised from the floor around 1" but that would give me enough room for my legs to stop rubbing on the steering wheel when getting in and out (im 6ft 3inch).

Apart from that I find it pretty comfortable.

I agree that the steering wheel should have tilt as well as rake. I’ve said before that the lack of lumbar support is a very poor omission. Apart from that the seats are comfortable enough.

My previous car had lumbar support on the front seats, as I suffer with my back, this was a great feature.
I was therefore a little concerned when the drivers seat on the ZS EV did not have this function.
But in all fairness it has not been a massive issue.
Having the lumbar support in the seat would be great, but I don’t find myself struggling with regards to comfort.
This maybe down to the increased ride height of car as getting in and out is much easier than my previous low sporty hatchback.
I find it strange that the passengers seat has no manual adjustment for height ?.

I've always adjusted lumber supports right off on other cars I've owned, I find them too intrusive and they always seemed to be at the wrong height for comfort as my heavy frame settles right down in the seat.

I’m ok on shorter trips but i use a cushion for lumbar support on longer journeys otherwise i‘m in pain. Everyone is different - the seat should have lumbar support adjustment though.

I agree that the steering wheel should have tilt as well as rake. I’ve said before that the lack of lumbar support is a very poor omission. Apart from that the seats are comfortable enough.
Tilt and rake are the same thing 👍🏻
It's rake and reach, and reach is what the MG doesn't have. It's uncomfortable for me as I'm 6ft3 so have the seat all the way back but can't bring the wheel any closer, I either have to sit bolt upright or move the seat closer to the wheel.
It's pretty scandalous a car in this day and age at this price doesn't have the basics like this.

My wife is 5’2” and she finds the drivers seat moves forward enough and raises enough too. Believe me, I’d know about it if it was not comfortable!
I agree the ordinal poster should check it’s not being limited by something.
This is on the Exclusive model remember.

Time for a 70s revival 😉😉😉
Screenshot_20210707-151352_Firefox.jpg

Thank you for all your suggestions. I'm going to take it in to MG. When the seat is in it's most forward position, my arms are totally out stretched. In China, people are generally shorter, so there must be something wrong.

Thank you for all your suggestions. I'm going to take it in to MG. When the seat is in it's most forward position, my arms are totally out stretched. In China, people are generally shorter, so there must be something wrong.
You need to sit in one in the showroom and see if you have the same problem. Did you have any issues on the test drive?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom