Drivers seatbelt

Pob

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I have an issue with my 22 zs EV. The driver seatbelt seems to be about a foot shorter in length than the front passenger one is. Being a large fella it means there is no slack to lean forward if needed when driving/reaching. I know I could buy an extension but would not want to take that route. Can anyone confirm I'd their belts are the same or do I have a dodgy one. (Both seats are in same position)

Thanks.

I have an issue with my 22 zs EV. The driver seatbelt seems to be about a foot shorter in length than the front passenger one is. Being a large fella it means there is no slack to lean forward if needed when driving/reaching. I know I could buy an extension but would not want to take that route. Can anyone confirm I'd their belts are the same or do I have a dodgy one. (Both seats are in same position)

Thanks.

I just measured mine and to my surprise you are right.

The drivers side seatbelt measures 180 cm from where it comes out and down to the plastic knob on the seatbelt that prevents the latch from going all the way to the floor

On the passenger side this distance is about 192 cm

So passenger seatbelt in my car is 12 cm longer than the driver side one.

I would speculate this as being a cost cutting measure, based on the idea that since the driver has a steering wheel in front of him/her, they do not need to be able to lean forward as much.

This is a left hand steering car, so if yours is a right hand, it must be intentional, and not just them, getting different length for left and right side.

I just measured mine and to my surprise you are right.

The drivers side seatbelt measures 180 cm from where it comes out and down to the plastic knob on the seatbelt that prevents the latch from going all the way to the floor

On the passenger side this distance is about 192 cm

So passenger seatbelt in my car is 12 cm longer than the driver side one.

I would speculate this as being a cost cutting measure, based on the idea that since the driver has a steering wheel in front of him/her, they do not need to be able to lean forward as much.

This is a left hand steering car, so if yours is a right hand, it must be intentional, and not just them, getting different length for left and right side.
Thank you for a quick reply and for taking the time to measure yours. I best go on a diet!

That's an interesting discovery.
No idea why they should be different.

It's a ploy to make you lose weight and increase your m/kWh. :unsure:

I dont know the definition of "Larger gentleman" i am certainly overweight according to the BMI scale, but the seatbelt is not to short for me. :)

I have the same problem with the seat belt being to short in my Lamborghini.

hqdefault.jpg

I have the same problem with the seat belt being to short in my Lamborghini.

View attachment 8189
you would probably also suffer from constant marks on the side of the leg, in the form of the rearview mirror adjustment knob :)

Also i would imangine there'd be burn marks on you belly, where the steering wheel would rub on it, when turning the wheel :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom