• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Driving in snow

Adi6phil

Established Member
Reaction score
Given the snowy weather that most of the country is experiencing today ,how has everybody faired? I did a 2-3 mile round trip this morning with no problems ,but to be fair it was all flat .

Went back to my diesel Golf for my drive to work today, because it's fitted with decent all weather tyres. And even though my ZS is brand new, I wasn't risking it on the Primacys, given how bad my local streets get 🤦‍♂️

I like diesels in snow because tick over in low gears always seems to get good grip .the zs ev seems to have a natural drive-on feel ,so i wonder if thats useful in snow

I posted a video about in the MG EV owners group of going uphill in the snow with no problems, however I always carry a rope in the car to make emergency snow chains just in case I get stuck

see video of emergency snow chains below - not my video BTW 😁

I posted a video about in the MG EV owners group of going uphill in the snow with no problems, however I always carry a rope in the car to make emergency snow chains just in case I get stuck

see video of emergency snow chains below - not my video BTW 😁

I have some snow socks handy in my boot in the winter .never used them but one day will get me out of a fix .lots of videos on utube showing rwd cars driving effortlesly in inches of snow but i think they would rip to shreds on tarmac in no time

I almost got stuck in my van in a heavy snow storm a couple of weeks back. The snow came out of nowhere going down a hill into a village so I had to coast very slowly down that road and managed to get up the hill the otherside where lots of vehicles struggled and got stuck. I think the wieght of the van with good treads on the tyres helped, and I wonderdd at this time how the ZS would cope as the control I had with the clutch/diesel idle speed helped a lot.

I've had no problems, but wondered if the MG is lighter on the front, over the driven wheels, than the ICE version ?

I have some snow socks handy in my boot in the winter .never used them but one day will get me out of a fix .lots of videos on utube showing rwd cars driving effortlesly in inches of snow but i think they would rip to shreds on tarmac in no time
They’re only for driving in the snow so as soon as you’re off the snow the snow socks should be removed

They’re only for driving in the snow so as soon as you’re off the snow the snow socks should be removed
Yeah anything but soft snow they would very quickly wear being only made of material.the utube videos make them look amazing .

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom