Dragonfly

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Had family over visiting recently, so we've been doing the Montana-Sofia mountain pass a couple of times, and have to say the ZS is one of the best cars I've driven on the road. (Dare say there would be better electric cars for it), over the years I've driven the road in everything from Puegoet 206, Land Rovers, Astra, Tranist/Iveco Vans, and probably umpteen other vehicles, and while I can enjoy a spirited drive dropping the gears into a corner etc. I much preferred it to any of the previous mentioned, including automatics.

For those that don't know the road (which I guess will be most), it is a loverly road that snakes and twists, hairpin after hairpin, up the site of the mountains through forests, then open views, and the same down the other side. Most Brits complain about the road, the bad driving from locals, and hate the fact that there is sheer drop down one side etc. Me I love it, and always have. Yes the locals have a deathwish on blind bends at the best of times, but you learn to adjust your driving accordingly.

The combination of light regen breaking into a corner, followed by instant power pulling out the other side, makes it a relaxed yet fun drive, surprising more than one or two impatient drivers that think they're having you the way out the bend :)

Although when coming back empty after dropping the daughter and family at the airport, the missus said afterwards I was a little to enthusiastic (she had paled a little) :LOL:

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom