eCall System Fault

maskull

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I've had the "eCall System Fault" pop up randomly on my MG5 over over the last couple of weeks . The car seems to be driving normally and I've had no bumps ( other than the obligatory potholes on UK roads) . Any cause for concern ? Should I contact the dealer ? Or will they just fob me off ? . Not overly concerned , but any thoughts appreciated

I often get that, randomly comes up once or twice every 6 months, always thought it was due to loss of coverage / signal. Never bothered getting it checked out ;)

Last edited:
Same here. Only had it a couple of times in 2 years, and also believed it to be signal-related. If you give it 5 minutes (and maybe move a bit...) you'll see the little lite on the e-call thing go green and the message will disappear from the alerts section on the dash.

I often get that, randomly comes up once or twice every 6 months, always thought it was due to loss of coverage / signal. Never bothered getting it checked out ;)
First time it happened I was driving through Mid Wales so I guessed that to be the case .Yesterday it happened on a road I regularly use ( at least 4 times a week ) and hadn't seen it before on that stretch .
Not too worried especially now that I see I'm not alone :)

Not sure about the MG5 but on my MG4 the Rescue call telephone number was set to that for 'Cyprus'. If you haven't done so, you may wish to check yours.

Just started popping up on mine in the last week too, then disappears?

My pre facelift 5 popped up with it briefly over the weekend but I put it down to a possibly iffy phone mast in the area.

Mines had that pop up a few times now, the last time it happened 4 times in a mile, on a road I use daily

Had that happen a few times on pre-facelift. I don’t know what mobile network it piggybacks onto but normally I have no standard mobile signal either. Has anyone needed to use it? What happens if you press the button????

Had that happen a few times on pre-facelift. I don’t know what mobile network it piggybacks onto but normally I have no standard mobile signal either. Has anyone needed to use it? What happens if you press the button????
I pressed it a lot recently saying “why isn’t the light coming on?” Oops.

Was hoping for 1 emergency service vehicle for each press but nothing happened.

Several people have had to apologise nicely for 'accidently' pressing the button.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom