Eco/Kers

Orcadian

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I have been driving EVs for four years, but always wondered, If I am driving straight and level with Kers 3 and Eco, am I using more power to drive the car forward?

I think that you need a benchmark. More power than what alternative? Regen level setting does not effect the power needed to move the car forward but it does affect the circumstances under which regeneration occurs when decelerating. The same amount of power in theory is needed to keep a constant speed no matter what setting - this does not take into account all the other variables but assumes they are all constant.

I think that you need a benchmark. More power than what alternative? Regen level setting does not effect the power needed to move the car forward but it does affect the circumstances under which regeneration occurs when decelerating. The same amount of power in theory is needed to keep a constant speed no matter what setting - this does not take into account all the other variables but assumes they are all constant.
It's just something I have always wondered, not being too technically minded. It always seems like driving with one foot resting on the brake. I know it's not but it was just a thought.;-)

If you experiment with different settings you may find one that suits your driving style better. When you take into account how you accelerate and slow down it can make a big difference. If you are aiming for economy then it’s all about mpk. For example some people say that a low regen gives much better range on motorway journeys. Others say eco is a waste of time as better results can be had by driving sensibly in normal mode. There are a lot of variables to consider.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom