EHS - long-distance petrol consumption...

isaggers

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Hi all.... just been for a EHS test drive in Amsterdam and loved the car.

Got a simple question regarding the small petrol tank (37 litres). Assuming you had a long journey as part of a holiday trip, how far would you expect an averagely-loaded EHS to travel between petrol garages to refill? (Probably wouldn't bother with battery recharges, just petrol).
For simplicity, let's just imagine a long, straight motorway journey of 2000 km (perhaps we might drive to Spain from Netherlands for example, just as a one-off).
My guess from researching this forum is refuel every 400km? Does that sound about right?
Thanks for any help.

400km is a good guess. You have to think that in Germany 60 to 90km between gas stations is normal. So in the real world I would not go further than 350km before filling the tank.
On my holiday in Italy (from Denmark) I set the battery regeneration to 50% (middle). This will always give you 30kms spare on pure electricity.

Last edited:
I drove from UK to Poland and back last summer in Outlander. Tank and efficiency similar to HS Phev and I was filling up 250 miles or so.
Started with full tank
Fill up in Netherlands
Fill up in Germany
Fill up in Poland

HS Phev tends to add to battery now and again so stopping for food and fuel would be electric without resorting to touching the charge settings.

In August I did London to Edinburgh and back and was pretty good

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom