Electric tyre pump

andymgzs

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Anyone had a problem with the pump supplied with the car?

First time use of mine it went bang.

Bugger needed it to recover a flat tyre on the side of the road. Ended up an expensive recovery rather that a pot of gloop to repair the puncture.

MG say the pump is not covered by insurance.

Anyone had a problem with the pump supplied with the car?

First time use of mine it went bang.

Bugger needed it to recover a flat tyre on the side of the road. Ended up an expensive recovery rather that a pot of gloop to repair the puncture.

MG say the pump is not covered by insurance.
I'm going to come out and say you're trolling at this point.

No problems with my electronic pump or my alternative one. Neither have the 4 other owners of MG's in my village.

This confirms you're one of the single most unluckiest MG owner ever

Cut your losses and sell it.

No problems with my electronic pump or my alternative one. Neither have the 4 other owners of MG's in my village.

Leased!

The pump was probably out of warranty because it's over 12 months old (Gen 1 I believe).
Did you forget your free AA cover
It could be that the lease company have their own preferable garages for servicing and don't use MG.

Really? You have had to use the puncture-repair tyre pump twice, and the other four owners have also had to all use theirs?

Your village must have a lot of loose nails lying around, most owners of cars have to be fairly unlucky to get a puncture. I do 25k miles a year and haven't had one for a decade.

Why assume the original poster is trolling / lying, when he says his pump failed? It's a flimsy item from the look of it.

Really? You have had to use the puncture-repair tyre pump twice, and the other four owners have also had to all use theirs?

Your village must have a lot of loose nails lying around, most owners of cars have to be fairly unlucky to get a puncture. I do 25k miles a year and haven't had one for a decade.

Why assume the original poster is trolling / lying, when he says his pump failed? It's a flimsy item from the look of it.
Look at his post history before spouting off. He's been complaining all weekend having claimed to have owned a MG for over 12 months and joined the forums on Friday. He won't answer a straight up question about what model he has, and wants to argue.

In relation to my tyre pump, I had a slow puncture, which I couldn't afford to replace straight away, so just topped it up for a few weeks using the pump, wasn't going to waste the puncture repair goo as it was quite a slow one.

In my village there's quite a lot of nasty potholes that the local authority refuse to fill in, so you often see people with flat tyres and we are a close knit community, so often help each other out.

So yep, off back to the MG4 forum you go.

Did you forget your free AA cover
No I didn’t. I called AA of course they told me it’s not covered.
Turns out that you need the annual inspection to keep the AA cover. Long story in annual cover but all were.
The dealer needs to update a record for your cover to be valid. Watch out.

I have said on many posts it's worth contacting MG assist a week or so after a service to make sure it's all been updated

I have said on many posts it's worth contacting MG assist a week or so after a service to make sure it's all been updated
Good advice. But many won’t know until it’s too late and AA say now.
Take note - follow up to make sure service is logged.

Look at his post history before spouting off. He's been complaining all weekend having claimed to have owned a MG for over 12 months and joined the forums on Friday. He won't answer a straight up question about what model he has, and wants to argue.

In relation to my tyre pump, I had a slow puncture, which I couldn't afford to replace straight away, so just topped it up for a few weeks using the pump, wasn't going to waste the puncture repair goo as it was quite a slow one.

In my village there's quite a lot of nasty potholes that the local authority refuse to fill in, so you often see people with flat tyres and we are a close knit community, so often help each other out.

So yep, off back to the MG4 forum you go.
Ok I appreciate your answer, apologies. Thanks for clarifying.

Seems I have upset Bryer.

For the record again MGZsEV 2020 plate. It doesn’t tell me mk1, mk2 etc. such model numbers were last seen on cortinas.
Ha. Not an official MG term. It's just to be clear over the 2022 facelift version which is significantly different under the metal to avoid any confusion. Battery and BMS are completely different on the newer car.

Yours is the previous version which might make answers different.

Anyways, clear answer in your case is to reject the car or sell it.

I wouldn't waste any more time.

Seems I have upset Bryer.

For the record again MGZsEV 2020 plate. It doesn’t tell me mk1, mk2 etc. such model numbers were last seen on cortinas.
You've not upset me, but users knowing what model you have, greatly helps them in the answers they give.

You're right, it should work. I'm just saying there are better options that would be sensible to think about if you're keeping the vehicle any length of time.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom