Electricity prices to rise?

It already has. But a lot have hit cap prices. If your on tracker or agile on octopus, expect continuous 35p rate (or 30p for tracker) for a few days. Most fixed rate deals are over the price for variable at moment. And 4 companies has gone to the wall in 2 weeks...

Interesting - prices jumped to £475 for a megawatt hour is that 47.5p for a kwhr? I’m not sure in what (no pun intended) context that price is quoted.

Interesting - prices jumped to £475 for a megawatt hour is that 47.5p for a kwhr? I’m not sure in what (no pun intended) context that price is quoted.
Isn't the wholesale price what the providers ( to consumers) pay?
Add some on for the end user and the BP pulse chargers look a cracking deal to charge at o_O

Somebody doesn't care about energy shortages :D lol.

E_u2tCmVEAYbSE0.thumb.jpg.37d377987a692d5413c5c52b50dcf5ff.jpg

Is that a flag covering up the solar panel? 🧐🤪🧐

Avro were my supplier for gas and electricity. B@$tards.

Anyway, electricity will go up:
  • Gas is used in Combined Heat & Power plants to generate electricity.
  • Demand - and hence prices - will go up as people try and seek out alterative sources of energy.

Speaking from experience - nearly 30 years worth - I can say that a large proportion of the cost of gas is transporting it and the companies that do this make a helluva lot of money and pay their employees exceptionally well. Whilst they cut costs on a regular basis following 5 yearly reviews - usually by getting rid of people - attacking the costs in this part of the industry really could pay dividends for the rest of us.

I've been trying to get into my online Avro energy account with no luck, Just the message 'an unexpected error occurred' or words to that effect.
I'm thinking it might be prudent to take some meter readings of the gas & electricity or maybe a mobile phone picture of the readings until Ofgem get in touch !!!

Colorado Energy, Igloo Energy Supply Limited, Neon Reef Limited, Whoop Energy Limited and Symbio Energy havnt paid there FIT bill, so ofgem has warned them, pay up or lose license to supply energy.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom