Emergency Brake

I read an article somewhere it was because of the nissan mitsu renault alliance that mitsu pulled out of uk. Brexit possibly a factor as well. Renault believed the pie was too small for all 3 and flexed their muscle as majority shareholder. Which is a shame, Mitsu didnt become top selling plug in selling junk, I have always liked japanese cars, one of my best cars was the FTO. If Outlander was similar spec to HS even if it was a 2k more expensive I would have gone for Mitsu
Mitsubishi had few things better than HS
  • Bigger boot
  • Electric heating + app (limited distance due to wifi)
  • Regen Paddles.

HS Phev in Asia has the last 2 options.

That said HS is 15k+ cheaper specwise compared to 5HS or whatever the later versions were called.
The infotainment while slower on HS is far better than what I had on Juro. Heck of 2017 models only Juro and another limited model had Car Play / Android Auto. Not even 5HS of 2017 had those. There's additional 500 in luxury car tax. 2.4l is supposed to come close to HS in fuel economy. Single geared so no gear changing or lags. Kickdown detection is a pain in Outlander. Used to start the engine every time I came out of a junction. Every single time!!!

Mitsubishi had few things better than HS
  • Bigger boot
  • Electric heating + app (limited distance due to wifi)
  • Regen Paddles.

HS Phev in Asia has the last 2 options.

That said HS is 15k+ cheaper specwise compared to 5HS or whatever the later versions were called.
The infotainment while slower on HS is far better than what I had on Juro. Heck of 2017 models only Juro and another limited model had Car Play / Android Auto. Not even 5HS of 2017 had those. There's additional 500 in luxury car tax. 2.4l is supposed to come close to HS in fuel economy. Single geared so no gear changing or lags. Kickdown detection is a pain in Outlander. Used to start the engine every time I came out of a junction. Every single time!!!
Yeah thats what the mitsu salesman told me, to get android auto i needed to get a new car, even 1 year old didnt have that, the 2017 model i sat in only had a cd player! I even checked out Nissan Qashqai and same there, to get android auto I needed a new model and like for like so much more than HS

Yeah thats what the mitsu salesman told me, to get android auto i needed to get a new car, even 1 year old didnt have that, the 2017 model i sat in only had a cd player! I even checked out Nissan Qashqai and same there, to get android auto I needed a new model and like for like so much more than HS
It came down to
• wanted CarPlay
• wanted security
• larger EV range
• lower tax (2017 Juro was 0)

HS won without trying

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom