Emergency braking causing injury

Greatscott2000

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi guys,
The company I work for has an MG ZS 2022 model which is used by various employees for supply runs. Yesterday, our mechanic was on a trip when the EV's brakes locked up taking the car from 60 to 0kph in a second (emergency braking?) He reported no apparent reason for the auto-braking and sustained soft-tissue injuries to his legs from the incident (he is a tall-bloke).
Contacting the MG service dept with our concerns drew no interest from them. The vehicle was serviced 2-weeks prior.
Is there a known sudden braking issues with the ZS model as per the above? Car has been tagged out-of-service until resolved.

It does suffer from phantom braking from time to time, in my experience.

It’s just not particularly well tuned and when you throw in the fact the cameras and sensors don’t seem to have effective cleaning, you have these issues.

I’ve had it do everything from randomly sort of grab the brakes in an ABS style pumping action to fully bringing the car to a stop where it’s confused a situation passing stationary cars or even misjudged oncoming traffic as a risk.

It shouldn’t be anything more than what you’d get in an emergency stop situation though, so I put it to you his driving position is poor if he’s got actual injuries…

Is it possible the radar unit is incorrectly aligned?
I have had some phantom braking, but only slight. The worst was when a car pulled out of a side turning in front of me, but quickly disengaged.

This is just an isolated thing with MG.
Tesla and VAG owners have experienced the same thing.
On the VAG models, you can turn down the sensitivity, not sure if the MG models are equipped with this feature though.

But the Greatscott car seemed to suffer an extreme reaction, resulting in slight injury. If this was "normal" we would all know about it. Therefore it seems likely that there is something wrong with that car.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom