Emergency Braking

Headgas1

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
A couple of times recently my car brakes suddenly when a car in front is doing a left turn and I am nowhere near it and no danger it’s quite alarming and doesn’t sound like it’s doing the brakes any good crunching to a halt. How can I turn this feature off and will it stay off or do I need to switch it off every time??

Last edited:
I've had exactly the same. Dealer reset forward collision sensors and it improved but over the last month or so I've had 2 occasions where the AEB has intervened and brought the car to a complete stop. Both times travelling at very low speeds, first one there was nothing on the road ahead and second time it was just very heavy London traffic with no collision danger at all. I need to take it back to the dealer when I can.

You can turn off the forward collision sensors in the car settings. Or, change the sensitivity to low but I've not found any difference on that setting.

Upvote 0
I've seen a few videos of people trying to test these systems and invariably it doesn't cut in at all :LOL:

Upvote 0
A couple of times recently my car brakes suddenly when a car in front is doing a left turn and I am nowhere near it and no danger it’s quite alarming and doesn’t sound like it’s doing the brakes any good crunching to a halt. How can I turn this feature off and will it stay off or do I need to switch it off every time??
Your "nowhere near it" might not be the same as the cars. :D
FWIW, it's not always how close you are to a hazard, but also how fast you are approaching it.

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom