Emergency key missing in one fob. Mark1

AbuG

Established Member
Reaction score
Rapid Charger bricked my Mark1 ZS again, lots of fault lights on dash, couldn't unlock the doors. Apparently 12 V battery was drained in the fault. It turns out the fob I was carrying doesn't have an emergency key.

100 odd miles away from home, where the other fob was sat, turns out does have an emergency key. So I am missing one too. Its worth checking if you haven't already ...will save hours of time waiting for the AA

Called dealer..states they are used when car arrives in UK for PDI inspection but then might not have been put back in to the FOB. They charge around £50 to replace

Edit

Called the selling dealer, Vic Young, said it's typical to come with one blade... Said I will confirm with MG and get back to them.
The MG4 forum several have said they got two blades. Can any ZS EV owners confirm too? (Original or facelift models)

We have owned both Gen1 and Gen2 models of the ZS EV from new and I can confirm, that on both occasions, each cars came equipped with two remote fobs.
Both of these fobs came supplied with an emergency blade included inside of ALL of the fobs.
It is worth mentioning, that last week I did drop my key fob.
I did this while trying to unlock my front door, while carrying two bags of shopping.
The fob hit the ground and instantly opened up the key fob clasp.
When it sprang open, it discharged the emergency key out of the fob and onto the floor !.
One to watch out for folks, if you drop your keys !.

We have owned both Gen1 and Gen2 models of the ZS EV from new and I can confirm, that on both occasions, each cars came equipped with two remote fobs.
Both of these fobs came supplied with an emergency blade included inside of ALL of the fobs.
It is worth mentioning, that last week I did drop my key fob.
I did this while trying to unlock my front door, while carrying two bags of shopping.
The fob hit the ground and instantly opened up the key fob clasp.
When it sprang open, it discharged the emergency key out of the fob and onto the floor !.
One to watch out for folks, if you drop your keys !.
Note to self - check keys in the morning - I’ve dropped mine a few times when plugging in the wall charger at the side of the house. Thanks for the heads up 👌

Note to self - check keys in the morning - I’ve dropped mine a few times when plugging in the wall charger at the side of the house. Thanks for the heads up 👌
Hmm, not that I mistrust my infallible razor keen memory or anything but I just had to check them keys right away.
It’s only 16 months or so since swapping the ZS for the 5 and I found out just now the the “flick knife”key fob for the 5 doesn’t have the separate emergency key - it’s incorporated on the “blade”. That should help save doddery pensioners causing themselves harm. 🤣🤣

I bought these leather key covers. All the functions work perfectly, and I think they look good. If the key is dropped, it’s definitely not going to spring open.

IMG_1915.jpeg

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom