Emergency telephone

ColinB

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Bit of a shock this morning. Up where the light controls are I noticed when I got in a red telephone and green light. Never seen it before and it wasn’t on when I parked up last night.
I pushed it thinking it would turn it off and got an immediate answer from the emergency services. I apologised and they disconnected the call.
I‘ve no idea why it was on and read the handbook. “ Push it once and within 5 seconds press it again to disengage” Did that and got the emergency services again. Apologised. Red telephone now not showing but green light still is.
Anyone else experienced this and know how to turn it off please?

Red means that there is no signal and as soon it cornnection to signal it will turn green and it is always on. When you start the car it will flash red until it cornects. If you have a crash it will automatic call the emergency service if you do not respond DO NOT TURN OFF there is no reason to turn it off and I do not think you can. Type in to Google car sos system and you can read up things you can use to report.

You aren't meant to switch it off.
Don't press the button unless you need the emergency services!
If it detects that you've been in an accident, it will make the call automatically (signal permitting).

I px my very good Freelander SD4 for my MG HS Exclusive PHEV with F G Barnes in Canterbury in July 2021. Their ‘Mike‘ in sales was very easy to deal with. I drove there today with my emergency phone problem and their technician, a chap called Tom just couldn’t have been more helpful. Not only did he clear my phone problem but he also went through several other aspects of the cars systems helping me understand them. His Customer Service was top class and having read some unfavourable reports about other dealers and their after sales service, well on my experience I thoroughly recommend this one.

You aren't meant to switch it off.
Don't press the button unless you need the emergency services!
If it detects that you've been in an accident, it will make the call automatically (signal permitting).
Thanks Alb. All sorted now, see below.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom