End of a (short) era

sgt4hed

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
The MG is going.

After a lot of quirks with the car and frustrations she is going off to Cazoo at the weekend and I am going back to dinosaur fuel in the form of a coupe.

If anyone wants a 22 plate LR Trophy in White I have a sales post listed in here which will be left up until I drop thew MG off at Cazoo (they offered me a VERY good price) where I imagine they will list it for about 28-30k given it's condition.

A number of factors have come into consideration since thinking about this with one of the main things being that the MG just doesn't excite me and I have been desperately trying to suppress the petrolhead in me and the battle has been lost.

So it has been great being part of this community, I will keep my account dormant as may return to MG EVs at some point in the future as the wife likes the MG4 but until then, it's good bye from me and if you see me about it will be in a Toyota GT86 being antisocial 🤣

I think you wouldn't be the first here to ditch an MG EV for an ICE car.

And I think that's a mistake.

Having owned other EVs before, MG definitely isn't the best example.

I would strongly advise against going back to an ICE car, particularly if buying new; don't be be person that puts another fossil fuel dependent vehicle on the road.

I think you wouldn't be the first here to ditch an MG EV for an ICE car.

And I think that's a mistake.

Having owned other EVs before, MG definitely isn't the best example.

I would strongly advise against going back to an ICE car, particularly if buying new; don't be be person that puts another fossil fuel dependent vehicle on the road.
Oh I am not buying new... I am buying a 10 year old sports coupe with nearly 100K on the clock :) I honestly don't think I will ever buy new again.

EV’s are not for everyone, I think we all appreciate that people still have choice ( for now at least ) in these matters.
A bit like taking up the sport of fishing, some catch nothing at the first attempt and falling out of love with the whole idea !.
Other new converts actually do catch a fish first time out and are totally addicted straight away 🤣.
So, in red corner we have the newer technology of a fairly modern EV.
Vs.
In the blue corner, we have a ten year old 100,000 miles fossil car.
A very Interesting mismatched pair ???.
If you wanted two very different comparisons, then you have it right there then folks !.
That really IS switching it from both sides of the comparison scale.
The EV appeared like a good idea at the time, I guess ??.
Enjoy your new purchase !.

Last edited:
The MG is going.

After a lot of quirks with the car and frustrations she is going off to Cazoo at the weekend and I am going back to dinosaur fuel in the form of a coupe.

If anyone wants a 22 plate LR Trophy in White I have a sales post listed in here which will be left up until I drop thew MG off at Cazoo (they offered me a VERY good price) where I imagine they will list it for about 28-30k given it's condition.

A number of factors have come into consideration since thinking about this with one of the main things being that the MG just doesn't excite me and I have been desperately trying to suppress the petrolhead in me and the battle has been lost.

So it has been great being part of this community, I will keep my account dormant as may return to MG EVs at some point in the future as the wife likes the MG4 but until then, it's good bye from me and if you see me about it will be in a Toyota GT86 being antisocial 🤣
Death by a thousand tuts, eh?

Cazoo now have the vehicle for sale at £26,400 they also removed the interior light upgrade I installed (led strip around the sunroof)

Cazoo now have the vehicle for sale at £26,400 they also removed the interior light upgrade I installed (led strip around the sunroof)
Did I see elsewhere, you sold it to them for £24500? If so, that's a very reasonable price and mark up. I sold my ZS EV to them a couple of years back and they were very good at the time.

Did I see elsewhere, you sold it to them for £24500? If so, that's a very reasonable price and mark up. I sold my ZS EV to them a couple of years back and they were very good at the time.
Yeah that’s right bud, they gave me just shy of £24,500 once they took off their admin fee. Very pleasant experience actually and they didn’t even knock me down on price quoted either 👍 would definitely think about using them again.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom