End of trip percentage option

Shaun

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi all just got my new mg zs ev, just a general question, using the built in sat nav is there an option to show you the predicted battery percentage left at end of the trip. I cant find it on Google maps Android auto either. We had this option on a polestar we hired bit it had Google maps built in. Its no biggie as it easy enough to subtract the KM's it's just a nice to have feature. Any info much appreciated.

I don’t believe there is that option. To achieve that I use the A Better Route Planner (ABRP) application along with a dongle.

edited for typos

Last edited:
I would be very surprised if you could as it depends on driving style, outside temperature, speed etc. So many variables in play with each journey..

The best solution I have found with the ABRP app is the vLinker MC + ODB 2 dongle. The dongle provides the required information from the car and the ABRP subscription provides the weather conditions: outside air temperature, wind direction, all the climb and descent data for the journey.

It results in quite a conservative estimate of the forecast end-of-journey battery percentage. The other day it forecast 17% and as I completed the drive it crept up to 19% which was indeed the end-of-journey percentage on the MG’s dashboard display on arrival.

Last edited:
For long journeys, I look at the mileage on the Sat-Nav, and subtract that from the predicted mileage on the GOM. If the result is over 50 miles remaining, I'm happy. I never really bother with the battery percentage for journeys.

I would be very surprised if you could as it depends on driving style, outside temperature, speed etc. So many variables in play with each journey..
By Hyundai have managed it for years with the Ioniq.
My 38kwh Ioniq even had a progress bar with distance Vs charge on the map where you could clearly see where you would run out,. constantly updated as you drive.

By Hyundai have managed it for years with the Ioniq.
My 38kwh Ioniq even had a progress bar with distance Vs charge on the map where you could clearly see where you would run out,. constantly updated as you drive.
I stand corrected

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom