Energy saving mode

Baldytone

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hi, Could someone please tell me what the difference between the (vehicle-Driving-) Energy saving mode, found on the infotainment screen, and the ECO mode on the drivers screen?

I couldn't see any difference in energy saving mode. However when you use 100% of acceleration pedal it says "energy saving mode deactivated".

(from the manual)

Energy Saving Mode
When the high voltage battery is low on power, a message will appear on the infotainment display, prompting the
driver to enable the energy saving mode.

When the energy saving mode is enabled, the vehicle will operate on the minimal energy consumption. The power of the
air conditioner is limited. The energy regeneration level is automatically adjusted and fixed to "strong".

When the energy saving mode is turned off, the energy regeneration returns to the former-selected level. The energy saving
mode can be turned on and off on the infotainment display

It seems to restrict the power for me (you tend to notice this in an Xpower 😁). I've also had a warning message when fully flooring it while in "Energy Saving Mode", so that would seem to suggest the same ? The manual is not that clear on what exactly "operate on the minimal energy consumption" involves.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back