Energy Saving Trust transport loan scheme

Hi, anyone used interest free loan from Scottish government?
Can u share experience please guy, thanks.
Yep - used it last September for MG5LR, think I might have applied in July. Took a good 5 or 6 weeks from start to finish with nothing much seeming to happen in between - but all worked successfully.

Yep - used it last September for MG5LR, think I might have applied in July. Took a good 5 or 6 weeks from start to finish with nothing much seeming to happen in between - but all worked successfully.
Yes, almost exactly like our situation. We applied for a part loan but it all worked very smoothly.

What about delivery dates? I know from factory order to delivery date will take at least 6 months, but on loan application max u can set 19 weeks estimate delivery.
If loan approved i have 4 month to claim money, to claim money will need submit invoice but invoice can be issued only when car with dealer and ready to sell so between approval and money claim can be 4 month, but from factory order and invoice definitely will be more than 4 months.

Can't really help with how this would work with extended delivery timescales - mine were:
  • test drove the MG5SR on 12th July
  • applied for EST on 13th July
  • updated application for an MG5LR on 19th July
  • received loan offer reference from EST on 28th July
  • funds transfered 24th August
  • collected car 4th September
Total time for EST was about 6 or 7 weeks - might be that you apply for EST Loan nearer the expected delivery time - hopefully they can advise

What about delivery dates? I know from factory order to delivery date will take at least 6 months, but on loan application max u can set 19 weeks estimate delivery.
If loan approved i have 4 month to claim money, to claim money will need submit invoice but invoice can be issued only when car with dealer and ready to sell so between approval and money claim can be 4 month, but factory order and
Can't really help with how this would work with extended delivery timescales - mine were:
  • test drove the MG5SR on 12th July
  • applied for EST on 13th July
  • updated application for an MG5LR on 19th July
  • received loan offer reference from EST on 28th July
  • funds transfered 24th August
  • collected car 4th September
Total time for EST was about 6 or 7 weeks - might be that you apply for EST Loan nearer the expected delivery time - hopefully they can advise
I wish MG Zs would be available in same time scales.

If loan approved i have 4 month to claim money, to claim money will need submit invoice but invoice can be issued only when car with dealer and ready to sell so between approval and money claim can be 4 month, but factory order and

I wish MG Zs would be available in same time scales.
In all fairness, I ordered an MG5LR on the day it was announced and got one of the first batch to arrive for the '71' plate - guess the timing worked out in my favour

My dealer for MG Zs trophy long range saying 4 month but likely longer.
My EST loan will expire on the 21st April and because like everyone else my delivery date kept getting pushed back from original date of 27th Feb to 28th March and then March/April. I e-mailed the EST about the push back delivery dates and they e-mailed back with the very reassuring news that the loan offer can be extended up to 3 months and just to let them know nearer the original expiry date, hope this helps.

My EST loan will expire on the 21st April and because like everyone else my delivery date kept getting pushed back from original date of 27th Feb to 28th March and then March/April. I e-mailed the EST about the push back delivery dates and they e-mailed back with the very reassuring news that the loan offer can be extended up to 3 months and just to let them know nearer the original expiry date, hope this helps.
Yes we found the folks at EST to be very helpful and accommodating. We kept in touch with them and our supplier Frasers of Falkirk and everything went pretty smoothly.

That's good news, thanks

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom